Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 camaro resin parts ?

I've looked online, and I'm sure i'll get blasted for missing something, but can anyone point me in the right direction for some resin parts ( engine, hood, wheels ) for the old Monogram Camaro that are still available ? I have one, but have no intrest in building a stock Camaro, Anyone have any ideas as to any that I could replicate ? Movie cars, race?

The only aftermarket parts I know of for the 1/12 '69 Camaro were the Slixx "Grumpy's Toy" decal sheet and the Model Car garage p/e set. I've never seen any resin engine nor body parts for it, but you can always mix and match with the 1/12 '67 'Vette and '57 Bel Air kits, especially if you want a big block Chevy engine.

• 8 months later...

I have just acquired a monogram 1/12 camaro, i need a new windshield, the one inside is broken. The rest of kit is nice. So number one i need a windshield and number two is what kind of aftermarket options are available, decals, photoetch, etc. Thanks for any help.

• 2 months later...

I stand corrected. Competition Resins offer both snorkel and Grump Lump style scoops in 1/12 scale: http://www.compresins.com/site/751597/page/237914

Both are available from Slixx's 'site, too, so all in one shopping if you're picking up the Grumpy's Toy decal sheet for the upcoming Monogram 1/12 Camaro reissue: http://www.slixx.com/s1811.htm?id=1950