Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's see your Revellogram '55 Chevies

Monty

I'm primarily interested in the '55 Hardtop since I want to make it a mild street machine.

kit85-2069.jpg

Bonus question: Will AMT's Polyglas GT tire fit on the back without rubbing?

335066832_tp.jpg

The tires they included just seem too skinny for this car.

Derrick, the color combination on that slot car really pops! What paints did you use on it?

Thanks Monty!!! The red is HOK's Hot Rod red, in their Kustom Kolor line, the silver is Orion Silver. Then I shot it with a 2 part urethane clear, polished & waxed!! ;)

Cranky, looks like you've built a few of these along the way. Lots of creativity there.

In regard to this one, it looks like you and Gluebomber were on the same page...kinda. Apparently great minds do think alike. The color combo rocks! .

http://www.modelcars...52

What paint did you use on Electric Midnight?

Thanks, Monty, I love Gluebomber's well crafted and painted model. Electric Blue is a combination of House of Kolor Cortez blue and Passion Purple and then I think some blue pearl flake.

Thanks guys. Just meant everyone`s builds here are just off the chain! Great work!!

What paint did you use to get that shade of red?

From memory, that was Mica Red followed by several coats of Duplicolor Red Metalcast, and about 5 coats of Duplicolor clear.

Some awesome builds here.

Here's my interior with scratchbuilt scrap.

55Chevy021m.jpg

And for those who may be interested, a linkto the rest of the pics and the story.

Thanks for your indulgence.

David G.

Just incredible. Thanks for the links! Always nice to see what methods another modeler used to get the results they wanted.