Posted · Report post

Some blue angel planes ive built and a few misc

post-9255-0-48588400-1345170733_thumb.jp

post-9255-0-39637300-1345170744_thumb.jp

post-9255-0-80113300-1345170763_thumb.jp

post-9255-0-93133600-1345170778_thumb.jp

post-9255-0-40917400-1345170790_thumb.jp

Posted · Report post

Nice builds and the Blue Angels will be showing off their skills this weekend at the Chicago Air & Water Show.

Posted · Report post

Beautiful job on all your planes! I really like the Blue Angesl and went in different shows to watch them.

Posted · Report post

Love the "Old Crow". Razor back P-51 ?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Gotta love the Blue Angels! And the Tomcat is one of my favorites. Nice work

Edited by jcbigpaw

Posted · Report post

Mike...nice stuff! If you're interested in accuracy I offer this info for you regarding your P-51 Mustang model. If you don't care about accuracy then please just disregard the following.....

Major Bud Anderson was the pilot of two P-51's with the name Old Crow on the nose.

You have the correct P-51B for Anderson's first P-51. However, that first P-51B Old Crow was not a natural metal finish plane...it was painted Olive Drab topside and the standard light gray underside.

When Anderson transitioned into a P-51D model, it was left Natural Metal with a flat green anti glare panel over the nose only and the rudder was red.

The spinner on both was in three rings of color...the tip was red, the middle ring was yellow and the third ring was red again. And both aircraft had a 4th ring that was on the nose of the fuselage that was rendered in a checkerboard pattern with alternating checkers of red and yellow.

And like I said, take this if you want accuracy. If you're just havin' fun building the model and don't really care, then by all means have fun! :D