Model Cars Magazine Forum

'50 Chevy Fleetline finally done...

sbk

This is a beautiful model!! I don't think they can get any better than this! Excellent work and photography Steve! I hope you never suffer from burnout again because this proves that we would really be missing out.

Perfect is so overused. So, I will say it is executed error free. (Don't get me wrong, in plain terms, it really is perfect.) Dang, even that piping on the edges of the seats is dead on accurate to what it would look like on a 1:1!

Edited by Skydime

Thanks for all the kind words, I really appreciate them! But, believe me, it is surely not perfect. I settled on quite a few things that were adequate, but not as nice as I wanted them to be. But, that's how it goes, we need to move on & not dwell on those things, right?

Jantrix, the "glass" is .007" PVC sheet or something like that. I found it at Hobby Lobby. It takes curves better than clear styrene sheet, & won't haze when you make a tighter bend. It takes quite a few trys to get the end result to fit just right. The windshield actually stays in places with no glue (but I glued it just to be sure). The backlight is held in place with Crafter's Pick glue. The vent windows sit within the frames, help in place with Testor's clear parts cement.

Thanks again.

We are our own worst critics, there's no doubt about that. And beyond just being hyper-critical, we just know where our own flaws are so our eyes, physical or mental, are drawn to them.

But for us...I know that I don't see things that stand out as goobers. That car is 100% panty dropper. :D