Model Cars Magazine Forum

IH 9300 eagle custom update 8/25

i started this one about 5 months back using a stock 4300 kit, a 9300 hood and batterybox/ steps from eric at ppvintage.com , and an IH eagle 60" stand up i got off evilbay. i stole a 3406 cat from the revell snap pete kit.im using the tanks and set of wheels from an italeri western star. and i stretched the frame to acomadate the big sleeper. im going for an old school truck with a couple custom aditions. im putting a set of large vortex air cleaners on and have shaved the stock head light buckets so i can put a set of "j" bracket headlights also from ppvintage. i made a drop visor for it but not sure if i like it or not. it will be pulling the new moebius 53' reefer great dane. any suggestions always welcomed :):DB)

2012-03-24213119.jpg

2012-03-19011214-1.jpg

2012-06-30230107.jpg

2012-06-30230032.jpg

2012-07-01163854.jpg

2012-07-05231557.jpg

Edited by cowboysevens

here it is with the siminole stripes on, it is tropical turquoise base with white stripes out lined in black. i still have to put the black out lines on and clear coat. im not sure if i will bmf the strapless vortex breathers or the visor. lol you can see i got a couple spots in the stripes that did exactly turn out perfect but the black pinstriping will cover it up :D :D :D

2012-08-16172809.jpg

2012-08-16172837.jpg

2012-08-16173000.jpg

2012-08-19002204.jpg

Sorry about the three pieces of "glass" not being molded in clear. At the time, there wasn't a way to have them done in clear. There's several things I want to change on the sleeper including having the glass done in clear.

It's funny, Leo is working on a 359 transfer dump for me that is painted the exact same way, colors and all!

lol yeah i know , i didnt know he was paintin yours this color and he didnt know i was goin the same lol!! i think his turned out a bit better, but ill get the hang of it some day....... maybe lol

That is looking sharp Dennis! The colors are sweet! Are you going to paint the reefer to match?

Jim

I think I am, just been tryin to figure out an "old school" paint scheme for a traler to go with the seminole stripes and the truck instead of just carrying the stripes thru.

I'm also thinkin bout putting a IH mural on back of sleeper

Edited by cowboysevens