Great WW1 air plane kit

8 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Wingnut wings

Posted · Report post

Sorry about first post ... I just recived this kit ... Anyone who loves planes and WW1 air craft should check out this company ... I was amazed at the options it has and the detailed instructions are second to none

Decals are great giving at least 6 build options

Check them out ... Highly recommended !

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg603/scbaker1970/5d045b18.jpg

Posted · Report post

For what it's worth, Wingnut Wings is owned by movie producer/director Peter Jackson (Lord Of The Rings), who is a huge WWI aircraft fan. There were no models of that era that met his standards, so he just started his own company. I've seen a few of these kits up close and they are flawless.

Posted · Report post

For what it's worth, Wingnut Wings is owned by movie producer/director Peter Jackson (Lord Of The Rings), who is a huge WWI aircraft fan. There were no models of that era that met his standards, so he just started his own company. I've seen a few of these kits up close and they are flawless.

Yep! If WWI fighter planes are your thing, they don't get any better than the kits on the Wingnut Wings site. Definitely worth checking out, there are none better at this scale (1/32).

Posted (edited) · Report post

Thanks for the heads up. I love historic aircraft ( mostly '30s to early post WWII, in 1/32 and 1/24) and I'd never heard of these before.

Wow. That striped Albatross has me hooked. guess I'll have to start doing WWI too.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Posted · Report post

Hmmm.. why not "Lord of the Wings" I wonder, or maybe "Wing Kong"?

David G.