Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Ghostbusters" Not so ecto-1

nboldman

Will have some updtaes on this one later tonight, probably an hour or so. otta rehinge the back door. thinking about pulling an all nighter, but im going to the hobby shop an hour away to buy some plastics to build the frame and patch the interior.

look forward to the updates :)

Nice direction on this one. I've been wanting to get another ecto for a hot rod hearse ever since I built the polar lights kit. Does this kit come with the doors n hood opened up or is that your handiwork? And how do you post pics from your cell phone? I have an iPhone but haven't been able to figure that one out yet. Keep it coming

Edited by jcbigpaw

Nice direction on this one. I've been wanting to get another ecto for a hot rod hearse ever since I built the polar lights kit. Does this kit come with the doors n hood opened up or is that your handiwork? And how do you post pics from your cell phone? I have an iPhone but haven't been able to figure that one out yet. Keep it coming

I opened the doors and hood. the car is a complete curbside with no chassis, interior, or engine detail n fact there is no motor at all. I have an android phone and downloaded the photobucket app. its got the img codes on it and i just copy and paste them on the site. time consuming, but it works

Update:

Body work almost done:

2012-08-25000220.jpg

this side needs more work:

2012-08-25000235.jpg

2012-08-25000248.jpg

That's pretty KOOL!!! I have the Lindbergh kit in just about the same state... I have the roof just about where I want it and am working on the side windows... I started mine several years ago, one of these days I will get back to it... Definitely gonna keep an eye on this one for ideas and tips... TY

dont mind the black circles, just for my reference as those are still flaws and the basecoat is going to be black so its got to be perfect! I bit the bullet and ordered some expensive paint for this, but that is a surprise for later B):D