Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monte Carlo Radical Lowrider

drnitrus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
That thing is wild and insane! I recall seeing some of this before, I really like the interior. How did you do the pleats, Evergreen sheet with special buttons...?

Thanks

I used foam sheets. I scribed in the patterns then cut A LOT of styrene rod to make the buttons

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well I finally got this bad boy back on the bench. :cheesy:

I used the pattern masks that I had made on my printer. Thanks to ZFelix for the pattern design. :biggrin:

I layed down the first set of patterns. They are a little light and might not show up to well, but I will try to highlight them a bit so they stand out a bit more.

Layed down some tape for the second set of patterns and layed down a coat of candy. Im going to let it dry for a couple of days and lay out some more patterns. These arent 100% perfect but once its all pinstriped I should be able to clean them up a bit. With that said, FEEDBACK PLEASE!!!!

DSCN3431.jpg

DSCN3430.jpg

DSCN3432.jpg

DSCN3433.jpg

DSCN3434.jpg

DSCN3435.jpg

DSCN3436.jpg

DSCN3437.jpg

Well I finally got this bad boy back on the bench. :cheesy:

I used the pattern masks that I had made on my printer. Thanks to ZFelix for the pattern design. :biggrin:

I layed down the first set of patterns. They are a little light and might not show up to well, but I will try to highlight them a bit so they stand out a bit more.

Layed down some tape for the second set of patterns and layed down a coat of candy. Im going to let it dry for a couple of days and lay out some more patterns. These arent 100% perfect but once its all pinstriped I should be able to clean them up a bit. With that said, FEEDBACK PLEASE!!!!

DSCN3431.jpg

DSCN3430.jpg

DSCN3432.jpg

DSCN3433.jpg

DSCN3434.jpg

DSCN3435.jpg

DSCN3436.jpg

DSCN3437.jpg

bout time i see some color on this thing!!!! keep it coming homie..... u gonna candy over it all?

Heres a little more...

I layed down some more tape on the tops and sprayed a light coat of green then some of that clear efx clear stuff. u cant really tell the effect it gives too well in these shots though.

Then the tape came off.

DSCN3439.jpg

DSCN3438.jpg

DSCN3440.jpg

DSCN3443.jpg

DSCN3442.jpg

DSCN3441.jpg

Not too bad. There was a little lift on the roof but that can be fixed.

Thats it for today. Stay tuned.....

Did a little more on this one....Took a page out of Minis book and added some penstripes. :biggrin: Then candied over everything. It still needs work but its getting there. This is pretty much the look I was going for. I will probably add some more stripes then clear and try to sand down the pattern edges. Let me know what you guys think!!

DSCN3452.jpg

DSCN3453.jpg

DSCN3454.jpg

DSCN3455.jpg

DSCN3456.jpg

DSCN3457.jpg

DSCN3458.jpg

DSCN3460.jpg

DSCN3463.jpg