Model Cars Magazine Forum

I look at it occasionally, but a few things kind of put me off. One is the lack of models listed = not much selection. The other is cost to get a model. Sometimes the seller is looking for near retails selling prices and on top of that will only ship Priority Mail. I don't really believe in paying close to double the model's price added on as shipping. I can be patient and shop eBay where I can get some bargain winning auction prices combined with shipping via First Class. Once in a blue moon I actually win an auction within Canada, really lucky... within Ontario. LOL

How about everyone on here put a link to it in their signature on other forums. That would help advertising a little. Might draw in some traffic from people that don't know about it.

Edited by JamesW

No exposure?

Dennis Doty mentions it as a model car source in each and every piece he writes for Collectible Automobile!

Shall I tell you why there aren't any models listed on it?

Because everyone thinks the legal minefield called 'Ebay' is the philosopher stone, instead of realising what a dismal piece of rip off and circus for con artists it really is.

Edited by Junkman

Well I personally think its a shame that it isn't used more. There are a lot of us here on the forum that need to make more use of this option. I personally have some stuff that I need to get rid of because of space issues, I've had to downsize lately due to one of my kids moving back home. That and the fact that I will NEVER build everything I have. It would be nice to know that there would be some traffic to even look, if not buy some of the stuff I have. I'm not looking to get retail prices, would just like to recoup some of what I have invested.

>dismal piece of rip off and circus for con artists

like much else in life, its only a rip off if you let it/them rip you off. and i like circuses.

never used emodels.com but i would if i had the occasion to...every time i have looked at the site i thought i must be missing something because there was very little there and nothing of any interest to me.

Gregg should start a thread in the "for sale" sections where people can perhaps post up what they have for sale at emodelcars. That way, more people will want to visit the site if they know what's there, and plus the site will then get more exposure as well. Basically the thread would be strictly what you are selling, and no responding to others (that's what PMs are for).

So something like:

"I have just posted kit x, kit y, and kit z today." No prices, just what has been posted.

I sold a few kits on emodelcars.com a few months ago and it was an overall good experience. The shipping issue is unfortunately a fact of life; there are very few kits that will ship at the 1st class rate because of weight. I priced my kits in a way that I thought was fair-- they were not collectibles, so I priced them realistically.

The link to emodelcars.com is on the home page, which I never visit, and once you get there, its url is for modelcarsmag.com/auction.

Why not just add it to the regular forum topics as well, and mirror it? Or at least include the link on all site pages, not merely Home. I don't really understand the rule about no buying or selling on the forum. If there's a legal thing, I think Terms of Use should take care of that. Or is there a site registration complication regarding forum non-members who would buy or sell?

Edited by sjordan2

Gregg should start a thread in the "for sale" sections where people can perhaps post up what they have for sale at emodelcars. That way, more people will want to visit the site if they know what's there, and plus the site will then get more exposure as well.

Well Greg, What do you think?

I laugh everytime someone says ebay is a rip off, or I don't use ebay. You know, it's like listening to the radio. If you don't like the music do you unplug the radio and never use it again? No, you change the station. If you don't like anebay seller , just change to another. If you think they're a rip off, don't do business with em. I absolutely got my best deals ever on ebay. I'm not cheap, I'm not rich, I look for the best deal.

Ken

"Gregg should start a thread in the "for sale" sections where people can perhaps post up what they have for sale at emodelcars. That way, more people will want to visit the site if they know what's there, and plus the site will then get more exposure as well."

Well Greg, What do you think?

Yea, I posted up something yesterday matter of fact two things in this very thread and they was nothing bad or ignorite either at all and it seems it got deleted on here by one of the mods. I guess the truth hurts. I'm not posting anymore on this issue. Because all our replays with the truth will just get deleted from the looks of things as well. Oh well..

We want to help them get the word out about emodelcars and yet when we give them suggestions on how to help emodelcars grow they delete them.

Edited by zerodude

l would LOVE to participate in e-modelcars! Everytime l've tried to register, it won't let me. l assume it's because l'm on a cheap Pantech cell phone & not a computer or i-phone? lf anyone has any ideas, l'm all ears! Bart.

Emodelcars seems to be stuck in the vicious circle of no items to buy and no buyers to buy. It also doesn't help that it's impossible to register on there even if you are a member here. I tried to register once and couldn't. Sent an email to Gregg/admin. Never got a response, so I just gave up on it.

Just out of curiousity, I went over to the emodelcars website to see what it was all about and try to register. The good news is that registration was a snap... The bad news is that theuy have exactly eight items listed! EIGHT! Seriously folks, what good is an auction site with so few items available? Still, I did leave a question for a guy offering a resin-cast, twin-Judson-supercharged Olds V-8 from the 1964-65 Cutlass annual.

Guest Johnny

Yea, I posted up something yesterday matter of fact two things in this very thread and they was nothing bad or ignorite either at all and it seems it got deleted on here by one of the mods. I guess the truth hurts. I'm not posting anymore on this issue. Because all our replays with the truth will just get deleted from the looks of things as well. Oh well..

We want to help them get the word out about emodelcars and yet when we give them suggestions on how to help emodelcars grow they delete them.

Guess the fact that allowing members to sell on other sites has worked fine for years isn't what they want members here to know.

Sorry Gregg, bet emodelcars.com has been pretty much a failure from day one.

There just is not enough traffic there or even here to make it successful.

• 1 month later...

I often wonder why Gregg bothers to maintain the extra site. What's the big deal with allowing a section right here to sell kits? It would save him in the long run by not having to maintain the extra site that really is fairly useless. Why does Gregg care if someone trades or sells? Shouldn't that be thier business? Just put up a disclaimer that states the site is not responsible for bad deals and let the mods take care of the rest.

I feel the same way Kevin. Now a trade can go either way good or bad just like a sale. I've been posting on face book, yahoo groups and craglist and sold with no problem and it was free to post, but that was because people are always looking there. We should have a sell section or just add it to the trade section, but that's just my 2 cents.......