Model Cars Magazine Forum

I FINALLY GOT ONE!

It took me a couple of years to score another GMP 1/12 Gulf GT40. I have the 1966, 67, and 69 winners....so now I can convert the GMP #6 car to the 1968 winner #9. There are a bunch of marking (livery for you Brits) differences, and some other subtle stuff, but if I can get my desk cleared and steal time from other projects I will have th efull GT40 LeMans winning set. Yay!!

No pics yet. The "new find" is a bit rough, but it doesn't matter. It's the results that I hope will be rewarding.

I wish that is all it was. I'm trying to figure how to make that oddball "light" that's set into the right rear fender. I don't even see another car with that. I'm also wondering what was under the rectangular "9" big decal on the doors. Since the #9 car is a year earlier than the #6, it's not like they plastered that big "patch" over the 6. Apparently, the little windscreen was added to the hood in front of the driver for 1969.

Oh, well. If it didn't take some figuring out and work it wouldn't be very special. ;)

• 1 month later...