Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Beetle finished!!!!!!!!!

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

DSC01832.jpg This kit was a lot of fun to build, I just hope my nephew likes it, it will be going to Florida so I will have to be thinking on how I am going to be wrapping it up to make sure it gets there with all it's limbs intact!!!!!

Posted · Report post

DSC01845.jpg I love the way the spoiler looked on this model, it gives it a lot of character, I just wished it could have been a little lower but I did not have a lot of time to play with the ride height............ ;)

Posted · Report post

DSC01830.jpg I also thought the rims were pretty neat on this model, they came right out of the box............

Posted · Report post

Cool bug! I love the color...

As for packaging and shipping, there is a thread about that topic when I shipped the blue Ferrari a few months ago. Basically, I tightly covered the model in flannel cloth, tissue paper and foam, inside a display case. The display case was taped close and centered inside a bigger box with bubble wrap and crushed newspapers. I think the only problem was that the hood and a wiper got loose in transit, but no damage.

Thanks,

Posted · Report post

Great job as always Cruz! Hope it gets to your nephew o.k. Onlything I'd be worried about is the antenna breaking off.

Posted · Report post

Yeah man, the antenna is also my concern but I have a little trick for that. I will follow Ismaels advice also, the Ferrari he sent over here was for a friend of mine in the CPMCC Club and it looked like it made it fine..........

Posted · Report post

Killer paint – the metallic is unusually refined for this scale. What did you use?

Posted · Report post

Killer paint – the metallic is unusually refined for this scale. What did you use?
That is just the Mica Blue from Tamiya right out of the can man, with no clear......... :)