Model Cars Magazine Forum

Project: "Inferno" 49 Merc - *Update p17* 3/13/15

JasonFL

Awesome work so far Jason.You are putting alot of detail into the merc.

Thanks John, I'm giving it a go, first time attempting any of this

look out ant a low riding merc is coming :wub: it going to look bad azz man

Thanks Todd. Lol...funny you should say that seeing I have an ant problem going on.

U putting more work into this 1 car sofar then Iv ever put into any of my cars. Great work dude.

Thanks Samuel, much appreciated.

Thats stoopid sexy, brother. Wow. As for the camber, I like it. Makes it authentic. Cant lower a suspension without introducing some level of camber into the suspension geometry.

Lol....thanks Brandon. Your right, what's a slammed car/truck without a little camber.

• 1 month later...

Wow! Been a while since my last update. Life gets in the way sometimes as I'm sure you guys know. I haven't done much but I do a little here, a little there and one day it'll be finished.

Anyways, here's where I'm at.

First I found these "O" rings, a little big but they'll do the trick. They are the reason there's so much room between the notch and rear end.

DSCN6242.jpg

Then I noticed they fit perfectly around the round part on the parts tree so I decided to use them as the bag brackets.

DSCN6243.jpg

DSCN6244.jpg

I made some tabs for the bottom of the bag brackets out of some scrap tree.

DSCN6303.jpg

DSCN6311.jpg

DSCN6327.jpg

DSCN6532.jpg

DSCN6250.jpg

After getting the final bag brackets done I glued them in place along with the bridge setup. I wanted it to be clean looking so I kept the round part on top of the brackets to match the two round bars of the bridge.

DSCN6603.jpg

Just noticed one of the bag bracket tabs is more rounded then the other. I'll have to fix that.

DSCN6605.jpg

DSCN6610.jpg

DSCN6593.jpg

I also notched the top part of the upper control arms to fit better.

DSCN6496.jpg

DSCN6487.jpg

DSCN6483.jpg

DSCN6481.jpg

DSCN6490.jpg

Wanted to see how my clearance would be to get the rocker on the ground so I put everything under the body and laid it on a flat surface. I noticed the front sat higher do to the skid plate, cross member, and the bolts on the x rails (I think it's called).

DSCN6449.jpg

DSCN6452.jpg

You can see the hump on the skid plate and the bolts from the plate on the middle rails hanging down.

DSCN6420.jpg

DSCN6422.jpg

DSCN6459.jpg

I shaved them down so they were flush.

DSCN6507.jpg

DSCN6508.jpg

Edited by JasonFL

Not only did the tie rod snap on me but it was also giving me clearance issues with the oil pan.

DSCN6589.jpg

I cut the middle bar out and fixed it.

DSCN6591.jpg

Then glued it back in place except I positioned it differently to clear the oil pan. Not sure if this is correct in 1:1 world but it works killer here.

DSCN6613.jpg

Still needs some sanding and body work.

DSCN6601.jpg

DSCN6598.jpg

That's about it for right now. I'll try and get some more done over the long weekend.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving, comments always welcome.

Edited by JasonFL