Model Cars Magazine Forum

car show food stand

jerseyjunker1

thought you might like to see the food stand and registration booth that i am building for the car show diorama. i made the grill out of aluminum. the hamburgers are made of painted glue and dirt. the hot dogs are made of painted solder. the buns are painted toothpicks.the straws are painted fishing line the bottles are reworked d.m. coke bottles. the ketchup and mustard bottles are painted and shaped dowels. the paper plates are made of painted paper. the ice in the cold drinks is crushed glass. the canopies are made of plumbing solder and hockey goals and covered in thin vinyl.the trash cans i made from old Dremel cutting wheel bottles. the cook and customer were converted west coast mechanics figures. i am not yet done with this but this what i have done now.

cook getting ready for the rush thats about to come

Captured2012-8-2500000.jpg

Captured2012-8-2500001.jpg

the cooks helper has showed up

Captured2012-8-2600003.jpg

some customers are starting to show up.

Captured2012-8-2600001.jpg

a couple of shots of the registration booth. they will be set up differently at the show.

Captured2012-8-2600002.jpg

Captured2012-8-2600000.jpg

Have you tried Fimo Clay for your food.

P1010054.jpg

I used Fimo for the hot dogs, burgers and buns. The fries are embroidery floss run through white glue. The Condiment s are dowel rod with a pin for the nozzle, and the salt, pepper shakers are tops of some tooth pics. The napkin holders are just square tubing, with tissue in them .

Overall great job.

Have you tried Fimo Clay for your food.

P1010054.jpg

I used Fimo for the hot dogs, burgers and buns. The fries are embroidery floss run through white glue. The Condiment s are dowel rod with a pin for the nozzle, and the salt, pepper shakers are tops of some tooth pics. The napkin holders are just square tubing, with tissue in them .

Overall great job.

i never heard of fimo clay but i will give it a try. where do i get it. i like all your ideas and the dio looks great. thanks