Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just for fun - first pics

I ran across this pic and thought this might be a fun topic. Post the oldest pic you can find of you with a car. We all have them so dig them out. Give a little background on the pic if you can. Let's have some fun.

Here's mine.

BBAECFBE-FEFB-48A2-A4EF-6C41369CAB76-456-000000236418A6EA-1.jpg

I was two years old and it was taken at my grandmothers house in San Leandro, California. I am the already car crazy nut behind the wheel. I'm guessing the bug must be a 65 or so. ?

001-86.jpg

002-92.jpg

The first picture was taken in California during the summer of 1967-so I was about 4 years old with my Mom, sister and me standing by my Gramas 1963 Buick Wildcat

The second picture was in my Uncles 1966 VW camper-the time stamp says 1970 but it had have been taken earlier than that, back then we had rolls of film in the kitchen drawer that never got developed until a year or two later........Great Topic !!

Well, I tried to find an old picture but didn't have much luck. Here are two from when I was on Okinawa back in the late 60's. One is with a friend who was killed on Okinawa at my Datsun and the other is me in a Jeep.

Group7d.jpg

Okinawa179meandjeep.jpg

These are the oldest ones that I could find. :):blink: Dan

Edited by 59 Impala

I ran across this pic and thought this might be a fun topic. Post the oldest pic you can find of you with a car. We all have them so dig them out. Give a little background on the pic if you can. Let's have some fun.

Here's mine.

BBAECFBE-FEFB-48A2-A4EF-6C41369CAB76-456-000000236418A6EA-1.jpg

I was two years old and it was taken at my grandmothers house in San Leandro, California. I am the already car crazy nut behind the wheel. I'm guessing the bug must be a 65 or so.

I'm going to say that's probably a '63 just judging by the window size, the brick red interior, the front seats and the antenna placement.

001-86.jpg

002-92.jpg

The first picture was taken in California during the summer of 1967-so I was about 4 years old with my Mom, sister and me standing by my Gramas 1963 Buick Wildcat

The second picture was in my Uncles 1966 VW camper-the time stamp says 1970 but it had have been taken earlier than that, back then we had rolls of film in the kitchen drawer that never got developed until a year or two later........Great Topic !!

And the bus in this pick is a bay window Westfalia ('68-'70)

001-87.jpg

004-66.jpg

003-81.jpg

Thanks for clearing the date up, there was some writing on the back -so I've corrected that also.

Me in the back of my Dads '56 Chevy pick up around 2 1/2 yrs.old, And Grampas pre-historic brush hog around 3-4 yrs. old.

The last picture is from Christmas with my first Hot Wheels track :wub: must have been around 6 yrs. old at the time.