Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mans ruin 1950 chevy pickup with trailer.

Man I hate graveyard shift, going on ten years and still hate it what resin parts you working on?

Resin parts, OMG you name it. ALL Mopar stuff..... Engines, of all sorts and sizes, as well as tail lights to a couple cars, ('67 GTX) and tail lights to the long bed Dodge trucks....  Grille to a '72-'73 Dodge truck to take a '78 Little Red Express to back date it..... Some intakes that go between the big 3.... Then I have a Lenco transmission (I master'd) that can go anything, Mopar, GM, Ford, as the bell housing is positionable for the starter location. All sorts of Carburetors!

What might ya need parts of/for? PM if ya need anything!

Resin parts, OMG you name it. ALL Mopar stuff..... Engines, of all sorts and sizes, as well as tail lights to a couple cars, ('67 GTX) and tail lights to the long bed Dodge trucks....  Grille to a '72-'73 Dodge truck to take a '78 Little Red Express to back date it..... Some intakes that go between the big 3.... Then I have a Lenco transmission (I master'd) that can go anything, Mopar, GM, Ford, as the bell housing is positionable for the starter location. All sorts of Carburetors!

What might ya need parts of/for? PM if ya need anything!

okay I may right now have no need for anything. But will keep ya in mind for sure..... I love resin parts have made a lot for my builds mostly stereo speakers and stuff like that but love making molds and casting resin. Aztec warrior and Egyptian raider have casted a lot of parts for. mostly copies of jewelry bits and Egyptian style parts.....

Darren,

I had a look at Jimmie Flintstones offerings, I WISHED he had just a little more "twisted" females.. AS I THINK I could paint them, I am looking for ones like you had here as well as others that are out there and have seen, I seen a few 1/18th scale ones I WISHED were done in 1/25th..... As they look really good for this sort of thing as well as others I seen in 1/18th that be good with car show type settings.....

Maybe a bit big for a receiver cover? -MAYBE its the pic distorting the view of it as it is (I'm not sure)..... ALTHO that "Dime" be really good for the "center" of the trailer tailgate!

The receiver, is it flush with the bumper, and is the bumper protrude from the body, or is it rolled under and flush with the back of the bed?

Darren,

Glad to see you back at work on this project ! Hope you keep posting updates .

Be Well

Gator

Hey Gator long time no talk, yes trying to keep it going. I am at a huge slllummmp period right now and pushing my self to keep working on one of the long time builds. May have an update Sunday night or Monday morning that is my "stay in sync for graveyard" night where I stay up till 4:30am, so hoping to come up with another update. Need to get the frame done so I can get on with finishing the body work. That is where it is at right now. plus a redo with the interior.

Edited by Darren B

IMG_6588.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

IMG_6590.JPG.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.JP

IMG_6591.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

IMG_6592.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

did not get much done last night, ended up looking for an article in a model magazine for making upholstery from epoxy. I did mock up the truck where it is at now. as far as the bed and the mini stage being put in place on the frame. I did however come up with some seat supports for the bench seats, being that they have no seat bottom now, unless I use the foam, but if I do not then I needed a support I could connect to just the frame. So came up with these. more to come soon I hope..

Darre4n,

Good to see more progress..... that front "stage" looks a little big, and far extended from the mount..... Any idea of actual extension length?  I MAY do something similar, but I'm gonna do my best to keep it within closeness to the mount for weight and looks..... (I know its a model), and I know a single pole for one girl wouldn't be an issue, I just think it is just a tade to far outward.... OR add a "Bi-Pod, from set of legs to the ground that fold up..... -Storing it might be an issue tho....

I like the front bumper Pole Dance platform .

As for graveyard shift. I used to do the same thing, stay up all night on my nights off But most of the time I was single.

Kinda hard on a relationship though.

keep at it buddy you doing great !

Be Well

Gator

Darre4n,

Good to see more progress..... that front "stage" looks a little big, and far extended from the mount..... Any idea of actual extension length?  I MAY do something similar, but I'm gonna do my best to keep it within closeness to the mount for weight and looks..... (I know its a model), and I know a single pole for one girl wouldn't be an issue, I just think it is e just a tade to far outward.... OR add a "Bi-Pod, from set of legs to the ground that fold up..... -Storing it might be an issue tho....

John, the mini stage is just mocked up for looks. It will get closer to the truck on the finished truck (hopefully one day I will finish this kinda thinking not gonna happen.). I was gauging the overall size by eye off of the pic of the chick picture farther back in this thread. was thinking of making it smaller but usable. Tri pod may not work but I am giving some thoughts to a possible support if I put one of the model chicks KI have on the front stage.

I like the front bumper Pole Dance platform .

As for graveyard shift. I used to do the same thing, stay up all night on my nights off But most of the time I was single.

Kinda hard on a relationship though.

keep at it buddy you doing great !

Be Well

Gator

Thanks Marc, yeah with a relationship it is hard. thing is where I live I have looked for a while but no one is hiring that can match what I make at night so I guess I am stuck.

No updates this loooonnng weekend like I had planned. the harmonic balancer went out on my wife's mini coop and spent most all my free time to fix that thing. I love mini coops but really hate to work on the things. very expensive parts and very hard to work on for space..... so hopefully in the next week or so can get some updates on this thing..................................................................

John, the mini stage is just mocked up for looks. It will get closer to the truck on the finished truck (hopefully one day I will finish this kinda thinking not gonna happen.). I was gauging the overall size by eye off of the pic of the chick picture farther back in this thread. was thinking of making it smaller but usable. Tri pod may not work but I am giving some thoughts to a possible support if I put one of the model chicks KI have on the front stage.

Yeah I had seen that be a bit of "frontal" weight on that truck once in-place..... Just thought maybe a bi-pod off the front or 2 removable stabilisers one for each corner in the front, to give it some sort of stability, or the looks there-of.....

NICE way to look at it tho, the whole set up is looking good! 

Yeah I had seen that be a bit of "frontal" weight on that truck once in-place..... Just thought maybe a bi-pod off the front or 2 removable stabilisers one for each corner in the front, to give it some sort of stability, or the looks there-of.....

NICE way to look at it tho, the whole set up is looking good! 

I do like the idea of the stabilizers like I say I may add some temp legs to it sense it fits the bed right now legs that can come off. when i get some time will try it out.

I do like the idea of the stabilizers like I say I may add some temp legs to it sense it fits the bed right now legs that can come off. when i get some time will try it out.

Yeah? The easiest way I can see, would either be pipe in the corner that holds the legs, OR make them fold up under when put away, with some wire, or a couple straight pins!

IMG_6784.JPG.opt570x570o0%2C0s570x570.JP

IMG_6789.JPG.opt570x570o0%2C0s570x570.JP

IMG_6791.JPG.opt570x570o0%2C0s570x570.JP

IMG_6792.JPG.opt570x570o0%2C0s570x570.JP

not a huge update but over the weekend came up with a seat mounting system from some jewelry bits....will be able to attach the seats to these for the support. Also will be see thru the lingerie/seat material that I will be attaching to the square frames I made earlier...