Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thank you again for your compliments!

The lettering under the paint is made with Letraset letters. About cooler: it's totally scratchbuilt. I used styrene to make the box itself. Before painting I wrapped it with foil. Then after painting it was easy to get that worn look. Those little metal parts are also scratch built. Couple of those are pe parts.

...any chance you'd offer any more of those PE safari frames for sale?

Well, actually I'm going to have these frames for sale. I do have my own little pe brand. I just have a couple of different products, but this will be the next product!

Outstanding! How did you get the look of bare metal on the lower body?

With... bare metal foil! After I laid down the foil, I sanded it with fine paper. After that I washed it with very very very thin black. It "turns the shine off nicely. I think it's more realistic that way.

Excellent workmanship! That hula girl is unbelievable. I want the name of your eye doctor B) .

Your technique for the bare metal is fantastic. I may be borrowing that for a build that I'm currently working on.

I'm eagerly awaiting your next masterpiece!

Wow! This just moved onto my all time favorite models. I'm a sucker for the little details everywhere and knowing you scratch built it all is nothing short of amazing. I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates you giving up your secrets and letting us know how you make all those beautiful details. I bookmarked this page and hopefully I'll be able to put your methods to use. I was hoping you could reveal how you did that great looking sliding ragtop? Again, excellent craftsmanship, I would love to see a buildup page.