Model Cars Magazine Forum

drag race chassis drawings

comp1839

for you guys that do your own chassis work if you go to chris alston's chassis works you can get drawings of quite a few different chassis'. they are not dimensioned but, most of you don't work that way anyway. click on the drawing you like go to the image tab and then click on the larger view. it will give you a window you can copy and print. you will have to adjust the size to fit your scale. it may not be perfect but, it's better than nothing.

http://www.cachassisworks.com/c-236-chassis-kits-drag-race.aspx

Yeah, I will. Even if the progress is very slow. It's my first attempt to do a Tube Frame from plastic - not so easy as I thought. And High School is slowing me down alot.

Well, tomorrow I'm going to Final Drag Racing Event here in Finland, let's see who takes the Finnish Championchip in Super Pro Street, it's also a good place to get some inspiration. B)

Do you drive SPS in USA?

i had a super pro street car in the 1994 world street finals at orlando. my partner and i ran a '66 mustang fast back with 598" svo ford motor.

007.jpg

since then i've had a bunch of other cars. my last was an A/Dragster that i ran in comp eliminator.

That's a great link and resource. Do you know where to get info on the older chassis like by Long,Fuller etc. I think I could use the Revell kits as guides,but I don't know how accurate they are. I recently acquired a resistance soldering set-up and I'm anxious to try it.

Wow that's cool! Great lookin' Mustang!

In Finnish SPS rules there's an "index" of 6,8 sec. And we have different types of cars, TwinTurbos, ProStock style cars, and of course some with Blower and now it looks like we have soon few cars with Blown Methanol engines here in Finland. B)

This is one of the coolest, I think. It's with 340 Cid. SmallBlock and Blower. Hopefully it runs good this weekend at Alastaro.

_smaller.jpg

it's a 2x3 chassis w/ struts and ladder bars. the the quarters and the roof panel are the only steel parts. the rest is fiberglass. we first ran it as a super gas car with a stroker 351 windsor. later, we built the 598" svo motor. we were no where near the quality of car that we ran against. nor did we have the bank roll they did but, it was a ton of fun.

Edited by comp1839

my pleasure dave. there are alot of different chassis' on the site. i'm really surprised that they put the drawings out there. most chassis companies won't do that. i mean you have to pay to get the dimensioned print but, for modelling purposes. these things are great.