Model Cars Magazine Forum

Two holes on the new Prostar kit

Hey guys, if any of you are thinking of putting two holes on the new Prostar kit, here's how my two holes that Jamie casts, look in the tires that will be in that kit. (Same tires as the Lonestar kit). If interested in them, contact me directly. bwicker@satx.rr.com

Twoholes.jpg

Here's the smooth hub option for the two holes. The wheels can be had with acorn lug nut covers instead of the standard lug nuts (shown) as well.

0903120912.jpg

Edited by Ben

Do those wheels fit other 1/25 tires?

Hey Brian, yes, they fit the AMT tires and Revell tires as well but you would need to trim the rubber "lip" that's on the inside of the Revell tires. I made Five holes and ten holes in this size as well. I also made two, five and ten holes in 1/24 to fit the larger AMT tires, Italeri rubber tires, etc. You can see my other wheels here: www.public.fotki.com/lotso

Edited by Ben

Do they come with the center hubs? (I ask because they appear to be separate in the photo).

Hey Chuck, yes, a "tractor" set would consist of two front wheels and two front hubs, four outer rear wheels, four inner rear wheels, four drive hubs and four rear brake drums.

Those look really good Ben, you will have orders for them. Nice to know I don't have to order some from England for a change... They're gonna look good on the Great Dane trailer too!

Hey Robert, thanks! The trailer "set" would come with detailed little Stemco oiler hubs. The wheels would be the same though, just like the real thing.

Hey Chuck, yes, a "tractor" set would consist of two front wheels and two front hubs, four outer rear wheels, four inner rear wheels, four drive hubs and four rear brake drums.

Thanks! I've got a few things in mind for the ProStar once it's out, so I'll definitely be calling on you eventually. Even if I don't use them on the ProStar I'm sure I can come up with something else to use 'em on.

Thanks! I've got a few things in mind for the ProStar once it's out, so I'll definitely be calling on you eventually. Even if I don't use them on the ProStar I'm sure I can come up with something else to use 'em on.

Hey Chuck, no problem. Just give me a shout if I can do anything for you.

Nice work Ben, do they come with hubs at all, looking for some for a Sconia jeep and trailer (oiler hubs) for my oil field set up

Hi Tony, yes, There are three different types of front hubs, two standard and one domed center cap and for the rear, you can choose from a drive hub, a Stemco oiler hub or a domed hub cover. Brake drums are provided with the rear wheels as well. For even more detail, I have some brake shoes that can be installed in the drums.