Model Cars Magazine Forum

60 ford starliner

modeltech

thanks everyone for the comments!! my biggest problem i have now is i want to run brake lines and not sure of a close to correct way to run them on the frame!! any help would be appreciated!!!

I would suggest you check detailmaster if you haven't already. As for where to run them, I believe correct is inside the frame rail on the passenger side. Run to the center just ahead of the differential. Go from there to the differential with flexible line, then out to the wheels above the housing with hard line.

On the front, run to the front cross member inside the driver's side frame rail, then across the cross member to the other side.

BTW, your paint is the best I've seen.

I would suggest you check detailmaster if you haven't already. As for where to run them, I believe correct is inside the frame rail on the passenger side. Run to the center just ahead of the differential. Go from there to the differential with flexible line, then out to the wheels above the housing with hard line.

On the front, run to the front cross member inside the driver's side frame rail, then across the cross member to the other side.

BTW, your paint is the best I've seen.

By inside the frame rail I mean outside of the frame but along the inside.

Very sharp...the lines of the Starliner lend it self very well to two-toning...

That is outstanding. That kit is only "to do one of these days list". What colors, paint did you use? What is the source of the wheels and tell me more about the close-up photo of the wheels. Thanks for sharing. That is a great inspiration to get back to plastic and get back out of the heat.

Not a lot to add to what everyone else has said, that is a great color combination with a different way of breaking the colors up. Not your normal two tone, but better. I like this and look foward to seeing it complete. The chassis looks great. When the 1960 Ford came out I was not a fan of the styling, but over the last 40+ years, it has grown on me and now I find it a very interesting design. Nice build so far.

Thanks everyone for the comments, and motivation!!! the paint is dupont chroma premier base coat, with chroma premier clear!! i am wiring the engine right now, and for the first time using photo etch wire looms!!! its tidius work but well worth it!!

the wheels i actually shaved off the stock mounting shaft that is typical for pegasaus wheels, then i glued the kit attaching hub in place so it can mount in the kit axel and hubs!!

MVC-056S.jpg

Beautiful car Steve! Can you give us some info on the Roof Chop???

Sure! I just cut the c pillars off at the first "circle" on the trim, and cut the roof off at the top of the windshield. Then I leaned the windshield back, and re-glued. Easy as pie. Thanks for the kind comment!

Sure! I just cut the c pillars off at the first "circle" on the trim, and cut the roof off at the top of the windshield. Then I leaned the windshield back, and re-glued. Easy as pie. Thanks for the kind comment!

I hear what you say but can't picture it in my mind. Do you have any in-procees shots?