Model Cars Magazine Forum

2011 Camaro ss

Jared Roach

Decided to build this for a quick stress free build. I love the new camaro(I know many disagree) and I love the synergy green. So I'm going to build it box stock but with some concept wheels because they look a little better to my eyes. Painting it tamiya ts-52 candy lime green. Pretty close to the 1:1 car.

btw the 1:1 color always looks washed out in pictures. In person it is stunning looking.

inspiration:

standard.jpg

build, kit wheels:

071.jpg

mold lines and stuff sanded primed, needs door lines scribed yet.

090.jpg

engine bay and interior accents sprayed.

098.jpg

092.jpg

mock up:

099.jpg

103.jpg

more to come soon, gonna be a very quick build.

Thanks everyone! Color is tamiya ts-52 candy lime green.

I got the interior mainly painted, needs details still. I painted some of the chassis which I will weather it once I get the suspension on. I also glue together the engine in preparation for the aluminum paint.

039.jpg

049.jpg

038.jpg

053.jpg

063.jpg

065.jpg

Debating on using the stripes or not. I like them but then I don't lol we'll see.

Man, I really love that color. I know you said the color on the 1:1 looks washed out in photos even with it being outside but to me the green you painted looks so much better and you didn't even have to go outside to show how beautiful and smooth it looks. I painted the motor in one of my custom trucks with House of Colors lime time green and it reminds me a lot of that color.

I'm not a fan of things being stock but I'm looking forward to seeing this come together. Nice job again with that paint.