Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindburg Charger SRT8 Super Bee

John

I saw this in their catalog and it pictured on there display cast box but have not been able to find out anything else. The kit is the be based on the Testors kit and Im really looking forward to it. Thanks for any help.

I saw this in their catalog and it pictured on there display cast box but have not been able to find out anything else. The kit is the be based on the Testors kit and Im really looking forward to it. Thanks for any help.

My source at Lindberg says that they are currently in production. Hopefully I will have a sample to post some photos of in a few weeks if all goes well.

-Steve

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the pics!

Do you know if the wheels/tires are the correct size? Any chance you can measure the outside diameter of the wheels (to the lip, not the rib that holds the tire)?

If they're correctly sized to the 1:1's 20's they should be anywhere from .875"-.915", as you add an extra inch or two to account for the retaining lip for the tire. I'm hoping they didn't keep the 18" diameter from the earlier R/T & Daytona versions. A previous test shot photo from another toy show looked like that was the case. The wheels on my Daytona model are .81" diameter.

Thanks for the pics!

Do you know if the wheels/tires are the correct size? Any chance you can measure the outside diameter of the wheels (to the lip, not the rib that holds the tire)?

If they're correctly sized to the 1:1's 20's they should be anywhere from .875"-.915", as you add an extra inch or two to account for the retaining lip for the tire. I'm hoping they didn't keep the 18" diameter from the earlier R/T & Daytona versions. A previous test shot photo from another toy show looked like that was the case. The wheels on my Daytona model are .81" diameter.

Bob,

The O.D. of the wheels are .905 and the I.D. of the tires are about .866 so I would say they are pretty close to scale 20's. The tires are definately lower profile then the R/T version and don't have that heavy edge tread either.

No release date on the Police Version but I was assured they are still coming. I'm going to try to beg, borrow or steal a test shot of one as soon as they run them.

-Steve

No one has asked the most important question of all....WHERE CAN I GET ONE!!! I've checked all the usual places online with no luck...

I ordered mine from my usual online source, Evers Toy Store...www.everstoystore.com. $15 + shipping. Model Express has it for pre-order currently also.

• 2 weeks later...