Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cleopatra Jones's Corvette

What tail lights and wheels were used on Cleo's 'Vette?

There doesn't seem to be much information on the car or its builder out there. (I'm a little disappointed in myself for not even knowing about this car, since I'm a huge C3 fan) It's a customized '73, and IMNSHO, much more tastefully done than any of the rolling turds in Corvette Summer, although the Shelby-esque C-pillar scoop is questionable.

The tail lights are shaped somewhat like a Datsun 240Z's, but lack the orange and white lenses.

chevroletcorvetteazi.8899.jpg

The wheels are most likely polished aluminum 5-slots. Most American aftermarket wheel mfrs offered a variation of this wheel back then.

chevroletcorvetteazm.900.jpg

Your best bet at replicating the big/small look might be the wheels and tires from Monogram's Early Iron series. If memory serves, some of our resin casters offer copies of the Monogram wheels & possibly the tires.

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but the AMT Eckler's Corvette could be a great starting point for the plexiglass-enclosed headlight buckets.

chevroletcorvetteazm.900.jpg

That's a cool looking Corvette! I never had seen it before. It would be a good one to do a model of for sure! It kinda reminds me of the Monogram Tom Daniels Corvette. That would be a good source for the wheels. I would like to find a '73 and build this myself.