Model Cars Magazine Forum

best 5 window coupe?

I want to ask this question to those that have some experience building these cars. i would one day like to own a 1:1 version but for now i want to build a model of what i want the full size to look like. i want to know what kit has the best body,chassis, and interior overall. All i plan to do is open the doors, chop and drop the top, rake the windshield, and channel the body. all other mods are cosmetic. some help with this would be very great.

thats one that i am currently looking at buying. i have seen some that the rear side windows and almost the same length as the fronts, that style is more of what i am looking for.

post-10282-0-16618100-1346900272_thumb.j

this is the style i want. i cant seem to find a 1:1 pic but i have seen them in person and they look amazing.

Edited by blueoval92

what you are looking for is the Tudor Sedan. and revell did make one around the same time as the 5 window in the pic above. both kits are about the same except the sedan comes with a flathead instead of the hemi. also the 5 window comes with steelies and baby moons, and torque thrust wheels; with more traditional hairpins and the sedan comes with only torque thrusts with modern hairpins. hope this helps

thats very helpful, thank you. engine is not a big deal for me in the kit because i will be using a 425 nailhead with custom intake and exhaust. wheels are undecided but leaning more towards the baby moons. just love the look of them on old rods. Now my question is who make the tudor sedan as i have never seen a kit for that around here.

i was just looking for a chrome camshaft to use as a spreader bar and found one in the AMT parts pack reissue with the allison motor and the T body and all.

Competition_Parts_Pack_Box_1-vi.jpg

and heres a suggestion for the body:

rev_oc01-vi.jpg

this is my all time favorite 32 ford body and its pretty easily adaptable to a different chassis if you dont want to use its detailed but finnicky one.

Edited by jbwelda

What make and year? If you are talking about 32 ford then the revell 2 in 1 version (devil deuce) is best. Comes with a hemi and a 302 with a couple different intake systems.

revell-1932-ford-5-window-coupe.jpg

(Image not mine)

I liked this one so much, that when it came out I bought A case of them. that was something, I had never done before.

• 1 month later...

i have seen some that the rear side windows and almost the same length as the fronts, that style is more of what i am looking for.

post-10282-0-16618100-1346900272_thumb.j

this is the style i want. i cant seem to find a 1:1 pic but i have seen them in person and they look amazing.

By your description, it's a Tudor sedan you're after. I recently picked up a chopped resin Tudor body from Ebay that I really don't need....impulse buy...PM me and we can talk trades.