Model Cars Magazine Forum

Smoke gets in your eyes

moonmodler

Good job with a difficult paint scheme.

Bruce - With a masking job like that, I make a copy of the decal sheet and cut out the "decals" from the copy set them on the car and then make some markings with a pencil and then I can set the tape. I hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, Let's hear it for pack racing - Four wide and twenty deep all at 200 miles per hour. NASCAR's mouth pieces on TV tell us "the fans want pack racing and big wrecks"! That's the stupidest idea to ever invade the empty noggins of the NASCAR Brass. 25 car wrecks have nothing to do with good RACING!

All four plate races in 2012 had big wrecks. Two or three had green - white - checkers endings - Daytona and Talledaga aren't races, they're 195 mile per hour demolition derbies.

The dummies at NASCAR will stay with this rules package until they get somebody killed in one of these 25 car pile -ups, because they apparently think that the fans love the big wrecks.

Talledaga drew only 88000 fans - this at a facility built for 308000! That ought to tell you something about the popularity of plate race wreckfests

Junior has it right it IS blood thirsty! Shame on Brian France, Mike Helton, Robin Pemberton and all of NASCAR corporate - are you guys waiting for somebody to die in a Daytona / Talladega "BIG ONE"? You people ought to know better!

NASCAR doesn't have sold out races any longer ( except , maybe at Bristol) - A real testament to the guys who run the sport these days!

I think that they have enforced a ban on TV coverage showing the grandstands during races because they don't want the TV audience to see all the empty seats!

Edited by Dave Metzner