Model Cars Magazine Forum

Counterfeit Fred Cady Decals being sold on ebay!

I won't reveal the name of the miscreant who is doing this, but I bought two sets of Fred Cady decals from an ebay vendor. When I got them they were very poorly scanned copies of Fred's Decals. I of course didn't try to use them, and am currently waiting on paypal to decide my case, but since they appear to be either inkjet or laser printed I'm sure they are not opaque like Fred's. The colors weren't even close to right, as I had the originals to compare them to. (these were bought as back ups in case I messed one up.)

This is just to warn people they should make sure they are getting what they pay for.

Edited by Darin Bastedo

Yep, that seller has been selling counterfeit decals of lot of different people, one of them is a member on here.

The seller in question (if its the one I am thinking of) even created a fake account claiming he was Fred Cady on a NASCAR model forum.

The seller has been reported to ebay countless times, I know I reported him once when I spotted some scanned decals from Patto's place decals

Edited by martinfan5

I've bought dozens of decals by Cady from Mr. Gravely. From private e-mails with him I find it hard to believe he'd bother to copy.

Have you contacted the seller about the poor quality of the decals.Even the best have a bad day.

That's the danger with a thread like this - if specific sellers aren't named, or a link to the offending listing, then perhaps legitimate sellers are hurt in the witch hunt process. And that is a very unfortunate thing.

Wow, maybe thats the reason why my Cady Decals didnt apply so well. Are the real things very thin, and break up easily? I also have some vintage stuff named as "Billy Gooche", but they are not exact reproducitons, there more like 1/20 rather than 1/25.

The problem with threads like this is that anyone can say anything, and nobody really knows the true story. Just in this thread alone we have people accusing the seller of selling "counterfeit" decals and we people saying that they have bought from the seller many times with no problem.

So what have we determined or resolved? Absolutely nothing.