Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fuel Engine.

Replying to both the engine and full car--Very Nice! Love posts like this, and opportunity to see and learn by what others are doing. In the process of finishing up my first two detailed draggers, the dual Mongoose set with the funny car and fueler. Hope to have pics up soon. I'm pleased with mine, but I must say yours is nicer. Thanks for sharing.

Rob

Replying to both the engine and full car--Very Nice! Love posts like this, and opportunity to see and learn by what others are doing. In the process of finishing up my first two detailed draggers, the dual Mongoose set with the funny car and fueler. Hope to have pics up soon. I'm pleased with mine, but I must say yours is nicer. Thanks for sharing.

Rob

Detail looks good to me, especially for a first time trying it. I have been doing detailed fuel engines for years and the more you attempt it, the more you will figure out better ways to do it.

You are surely on the right track. I thought that all you guys from accross the pond only do F1 cars? (just kidding, well, sort of). Keep at it, I have only done a few of these beasts, but each time it got a lot easier. My only note on it is, see if you can get a "tighter" weave braiding for the fuel lines. The tighter, the better as it looks more realistic. Other then that slight complaint, i think it looks great. Stay on it.

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your time & for replying to my post.

Peter,

You are surely on the right track. I thought that all you guys from accross the pond only do F1 cars? (just kidding, well, sort of).

F1.....nah, Prima-donna's the lot of them. Streight lining where its at, for me anyway :D .

You may be supprised just how big drag racing is over here, but we're still a long way behind you guys. A new European TF ET record was set last week of 4.73 313mph which is still a long way behind the ET's you guys are run'in. But hey, we're trying :D:angry:

My only note on it is, see if you can get a "tighter" weave braiding for the fuel lines. The tighter, the better as it looks more realistic.

I agree totaly, its the one thing that screamed out to me too. It took me a while to find the one I used, I got some real funny looks from Lady's while i was going round examining different brades in the sewing `dept in my local store B)