Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your Dodge cop cars!

Agent G

Here goes ......first another look at my CHP Ghost Charger ...... built from an early test shot with prototype wheels. Close but not quite correct, they did get them right later on....

Picture182-vi.jpg

Picture181-vi.jpg

Another white one ........ this is my Philly Expressway car used as Box Art

Philly05-vi.jpg

Philly12-vi.jpg

It's was my second Police Charger build ......

The next one I finished was the Texas DPS Charger ........ also a Box Art car

Picture254-vi.jpg

Picture251-vi.jpg

While doing my homework on these I discovered that the Texas cars along with FHP and a few other dept's ordered their cars in the standard production color of Black Pearl. The second color was applied later. I used decanted Duplicolor Chrysler touch up sticks to get the right base color.

Steve, great job on yours, I wish I had more talent when I built mine

Couple of questions, how did you get the lines in the rear tailights on the Philly Pd, and where did you get the Antennas that are on the CHP? or did you make them?

The simulated back up lenses on the Philly car are strips of chrome fine-line tape cut to fit. The CHP antennas are scratch built.

-Steve

Not quite finished is my MSP Charger ....... I'm torn between keeping it a slick top car or adding the beacon.

Picture400-vi.jpg

Picture395-vi.jpg

I guess I'll put the graphics on it and then decide ..... that's the last of my Dodge Police cars for now. Not a Dodge but I got a Missing Link 76 Fury that will be an LAPD car that I need to get back to....

Other related finished projects are a phantom LAPD 59 Rambler SW (part of the Mopar family now) and a 70 Coronet Sedan Fire Chief's car.

The simulated back up lenses on the Philly car are strips of chrome fine-line tape cut to fit. The CHP antennas are scratch built.

-Steve

Steve, thank you, anyway I can get you share how you did the antenna's?, they look great.

The MSP looks good, even with out the markings, what shade of blue did you use?, or what shade of blue does MSP use?

And Zoli builds are always great, they are just as nice as his LED light sheet

Wow, Danno is posting a pic :lol: , to bad this is just limited to Dodge , he has some other makes of some nicely done builds of some other PPV's of NYPD IIRC

I just noticed on Dans, it says Baker County, I never noticed that before, or it never clicked in my small brain :lol:

Edited by martinfan5

Hi!

Here's my two modern Chargers!

Texas DPS is Lindberg out of the box and N.-J. is a Tetor's Metal model kit.

Modelesdivers7novembre2008086-vi.jpg

Modlesnovembre2011019-vi.jpg

Both have been painted with base coat/clearcoat PPG..

N.J. unit have been stripped down before painting.

I know that the ligntbar on the Texas DPS unit shoulb be clear since they are LED, but i prfer the look of the red/blue lightbar on the roof of a police car!

Nice models on this thread, congratulations to all modelers, it's a pleasure to look!

t

Steve, thank you, anyway I can get you share how you did the antenna's?, they look great.

The MSP looks good, even with out the markings, what shade of blue did you use?, or what shade of blue does MSP use?

The antennas are made from music wire cut length and the bases are wire insulation and or bits of styrene rod. Policecarmodels.com sells a kit with the wire and insulation if you don't have a local source.

MSP Blue is now a standard fleet color based on a old I-H engine color code Dulux 93-032. Ford has it in their fleet books as both Michigan Blue and Royal Blue depending on the year. Dodge has in their fleet books too. I had it custom mixed in PPG lacquer. it's been in use at least since the early 50's. and it's still in use. If you really need them I have the current color codes written down somewhere.

Steve, thank for the info, I think I recall seeing the antenna kit at PCM, I am going to have to try making some, the ones you made are close to what AZ DPS has on their Cruisers

If you can find the paint codes great, no worries if you dont, I like that shade of blue, it seems to be a little darker then what I recall seeing .

Not quite finished is my MSP Charger ....... I'm torn between keeping it a slick top car or adding the beacon.

Unless you're building a specific replica of their PR car from that year, it has to be a slicktop. MISP quickly found out the roof on the 1st Gen Chargers wasn't braced sufficiently to support that beacon in it's old halogen spotlight bulbed glory. The current Charger can and does come with a beacon as the roof is "stiffer", and the guts on those beacons is all LEDs.