Model Cars Magazine Forum

Purple power

Purple power is a very powerfull cleaner, there are a few different names for it, one is just called purple power, and the other is castorl super cleaner

I am not sure where to find it in Canada, but in the states, it can be found at automotive parts stores, at wal mart in the automotive section

IF You don't cover use a lid it tends to lose strenght and jell. It will remove the oil from you skin so you will need gloves...

It seems to work faster if you cover the container. Make sure you wear gloves when you handle the model. That stuff is nasty on skin.

Good advice here I forgot to mention that in my Earlier post

Another nice thing about Purple Power is that you can filter it (strain it through a coffee filter) after each use ... it takes the paint residue and impurieties out ... and continue to reuse the same batch for a long time.

It strips paint and chrome. It cleans clear windows. It does all kinds of good things.

And when it finally loses its 'power' ... you can dump it down a drain (not the toilet) because it is biodegradable.

It truly is the friendliest yet most effective paint stripper for plastic model cars and trucks!

Yes, I'm a fan!

B)

. It cleans clear windows. It does all kinds of good things.

B)

I can attest to it cleaning clear windows, on real life glass windows, I had to use it a few weeks to get off all things, over spray off of my car windows, it was the only thing that would remove the flim on my windows. I had to do this, as I am a moron and paint in my garage when my car is in it :o:huh::blink:

Edited by martinfan5

I can attest to it cleaning clear windows, on real life glass windows, I had to use it a few weeks to get off all things, over spray off of my car windows, it was the only thing that would remove the flim on my windows. I had to do this, as I am a moron and paint in my garage when my car is in it :o:huh::blink:

MR900437803.jpg

And here I thought I was the only one that did that! :wacko::D