Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anybody Else Gone through this?

thats a real drag. but dont lose hope; oftentimes merchandise can be recovered...check craigslist and ebay for sure. it wont bring back your feeling of security but at least some material stuff can often be returned.

they didnt hurt your models right? my worst fear would be that someone like that would smash stuff up on the way out. the old ultra violence just for the heck of it.

That sucks and I hope they find the culprits!

There was another "member" here who supposedly went through the same thing a month ago. I put member in quotes as he was in the middle of a bunch of trades with about 6-8 members here when his house was broken into. Funny thing is he got all of his stuff from us and he was never heard from again and we were left empty handed.

Well friday through monday, my family went camping at the local fall festival and come home monday night to find our front door kicked in and about 10 grand worth of electronics gone. Just curious to know if anyone else has gone through this.

Are you asking if anyone else has gone through 4 days of camping with their family, or, been the victim of a break-in???????????

I can certainly understand how arduous camping with the family can be.

CadillacPat

Years ago I had my garage broken into and they stole my brand new ( 2 monyhs old ) Yamaha Tri Z 250 3 wheeler. I did manage to get it back about 8 months later when the police recovered it and it was still in very good condition with an almost brand new set of paddle tires on it. Sorry for your break in and I hope you can get your stuff back. Neighbors didn't see anything going on at your place ? Good idea to always let your neighbors know you will be away and to ask if they can keep an eye out. Couldn't hurt.

About a week ago someone got into my car. I say got into because the windows were down. I had just gotten to work, and like always I left the windows down, but locked it up (remote lock, factory alarm). 10 minutes later I left on a delivery, noticed 2 packs of cigarettes, $10 in change, 2 Vicodin and a BAG OF JOLLY RANCHERS were missing. It wasn't much, they could've gotten a LOT more (subs, amp, in dash DVD, GPS). I actually think it's kinda funny that they took a bag of Jolly Ranchers though. I've decided to have a Viper alarm/remote start installed, with window automation and proximity sensor.

Edited by JamesW

We went through this about 6 months ago. My wife and I came home and found our back door kicked in. We found that the thieves had taken both of our laptops, both digital cameras, a portable hard drive that had backups of my music (main library is on the desktop that they didn't touch), and assorted jewelry including a fairly valuable ring. I ended up taking the next day off work to settle with the insurance company. Hopefully your insurance will come through like ours did. We reported the break-in on thursday and I had a check in my hand for the settlement on saturday. I still haven't replaced my digital camera, and the jewelry was irreplaceable, but it was just stuff. Unfortunately it was the second time we've been broken into, so our sense of safety is shot. As soon as we can, we're going to move. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. Hopefully you and your family are okay. :)

Edited by Deathgoblin

A friend of mine recently went on vacation, when he came home they had cleaned out his entire house. They parked in the garage, shut the door, and took their time going through everything. Lost about 50K worth of stuff.

I had my semi tractor broke into once took my radio, and some clothes, left all of the good music though.

Edited by Mercman

It happen to me back in 1998 they used a crowbar and poped the whole door open, went thru everything and got my pistol it was new, all my cds picked up the whole rack. my wifes jewerly and all vcrs. backed up to the shop rolled my carftman tool chest into what ever they drove and stole 2 weed eaters. nothing never found. that box had some of my dads tools in it. l live in town now been thinking about home security system...

Well an update on this, weve got a list of everything thats gone and am going to be going to the ionsurance company for it. They will buy something similar to what we had and send it to us. the stuff isnt found, but theyve found who has done it and unfortuantly it was my brothers friends who stole a key.

And to the guy who asked if my models were broken, only one was broken, but my airbrush is missing.

That sucks and I hope they find the culprits!

There was another "member" here who supposedly went through the same thing a month ago. I put member in quotes as he was in the middle of a bunch of trades with about 6-8 members here when his house was broken into. Funny thing is he got all of his stuff from us and he was never heard from again and we were left empty handed.

The culprits are my brothers friends who stole his key.

Im not that way. i have no trades going on, but am still looking for things, but i will find a way to get stuff out if i do get a trade started.

P.S were mocing in a week or two so our sense of security will change, but for now were still in fear. The only reason the cuplrits were found is they were robbing another house and the neighbors saw them doing that house

In 1970 I was a full-time musician and treated myself to a new (1968) Gibson ES 335 guitar. 5 months later it got stolen out of our tour bus and I was slightly heart-broken. I got the full insurance but I haven't owned a guitar that nice since.

Did you announce on a social site like Facebook that you and your family would be gone for the weekend? Theives out there specifically target those who share such things.

Even if this is not the case in your situation it's something to consider. I tell me fiancee everytime we're going somewhere to tell the world about it AFTER we get home.

Definitely check craigslist. My brother had a bike stolen up in Columbus and he went to craigslist looking for another, and the listing had been posted about an hour after it was stolen,and in the background he could see the cut lock. So i would definitely check craigslist before anything . Sorry to hear that though.

I like to think we have excellent security in our house. His name is Colt and packs a punch.

Sorry about the breakin to the original poster. Colt might pack a punch but what good is Colt if your not home with it???Does he pack a punch by himself.

I presume your talking weapon here and not a dog...

Very strange. This am I found some tools stolen from he garage. It's always locked except when I am doing stuff. Good thing is that the only things stolen were duplicate socket sets, and rusty wrenches. Sad thing is, I think my son took the stuff and pawned it. He has no income, yet regularly comes home with new clothes.

thats what it usually is: someone connected to you who has access and knows roughly your schedule. what i dont understand is if you got the guy, why dont you have the stuff? did he unload it already? stupid low lifes...and theres only so much you can do to protect yourselves from idiots like that. and i am guessing meth is probably involved somewhere in there...usually is these days

Always sorry to hear about someone getting broken into. Been there, done that. Twice in the same year. Then I moved. People don't realize how much they are being watched. I'm out every day walking a beat for the postal service and I can always tell when a customer is going out of town. Out comes the fifth wheel, trailer, camper or whatever and it sits there for a week while they clean and pack it. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out and successful crooks aren't stupid or they'd get caught. When we go out of town I have several people go by the house to check on the pets n get the mail plus let my neighbors know I'm gonna be gone. We gotta watch out for each other.