Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

glueing wheels

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

When glueing my wheels on ive always had trouble with them cause they never manage to stay straight or when they do stay straight after a while of the model sitting there they start to bend outward i was wondering if you guys used a specific kind of glue thats stronger. im just using the regular cement glue on them.

thanx chris

Posted · Report post

I usally Use superglue. But if its something I might wanna change the wheels I use elmers glue.

Posted · Report post

I usually use either CA glue or 5 minute epoxy. I always vertically support the wheel/tire assembly with something when gluing to the chassis to be sure they're straight.

Posted · Report post

When you glue them try placing a bottle of paint on the outside of each wheel forcing them to be straight. Works for me.

Posted · Report post

do we glue tires to the wheels. or just press fit?

Posted · Report post

l use regular glue in the orange tube testors. when l glue them 2 at a time l sit and make sure there straight for a little while an let them sit over night. they always stay straight. the glue may not be dry when you turn them over on the wheels...

Posted (edited) · Report post

I tend to various glues depending on the particular build as many times I have various metal shafts adapting a wheel. The glue type really doesn't matter. The big thing is using some type of jig to insure the wheels set straight. I have a Micro-Mark magnetic jig but usually I use some heavy angles places against the wheels.

Edited by Foxer

Posted · Report post

To echo two of the above posts, I use 5-minute epoxy and the little square Testors paint bottles to make sure the wheels are straight when the glue sets up.

Posted · Report post

thanx for all the advice guys its been a big help