Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chopped Model T (from 1962)

rmvw guy

I'm having too much fun with this one not to share. I've had this body since 1962. I painted it silver when I was a kid. I decided to use it to practice on with weathering powder a while back. I liked the way it came out so I decided to build a frame for it. About that time the original kit was reissued. I went ahead and made my frame from evergreen strips copying the repop the best I could. If you look close on mine at the firewall you will see the original ingraving with wires and such. They were cleaned off on the reissue.DSC03887.jpgDSC03889.jpg

Thanks for the comments! Now for some more fun. With all the interest in the firewall, I opened another new '25 Model T kit to show the new tool against the old. You will notice huge injector pin marks on the old casting, I removed them in the third photo. This may be why they cleaned up the original casting.DSC03889.jpgDSC03903.jpgDSC03898.jpg

Edited by rmvw guy

Why would anybody in their right mind jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Nice build going on.

Her parachute looks like a dude.

Too funny guys and thanks! Now back to the build (not really). This is where the original frame and other parts went so many years ago. I salvaged this one a few years back and recently added the wheels and tires. I probably have built the "T"s at least six times. I always had that left over body for some odd reason (the one I'm working on).DSC03880.jpg