Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

my first roundy round!

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

this was built after i went to the local circle track. just an old cuda build turned into a racer. i usually build drag cars, really no idea about these cars. tell me what you think! thanks jeryd

100_0647.jpg

Posted · Report post

slow down guys, don't post so fast, ! just kidding! i thought it was pretty good! but maybe not! have a good one guys.

Posted · Report post

No, I think it's great build, just what a dirt track car should look like! But I wouldn't cut up a '71 cuda in 2007, But you would have seen this at the local tracks back in the late 70's or early 80's ! The only thing I would tell you is to remove the door handle and cover the hole with some sheetmetal [styrene in this case!] and make it look like it was pop-riveted on .

Posted · Report post

thanks! i agree nobody would cut up one of these now, (having owned a 70 for 15 years, and 2 other cudas in the family, i know how hard it is to get parts, plus man they sure have gone threw the roof almost rediculous!) but that is a great idea on the door handels, i will try that! thanks.

Posted · Report post

Nice build, I recognize it as a short track late model asphalt model (dirt track racers usually have treaded tires) LOL

Posted · Report post

Hey Jeryd, Nice build. You have the idea. I really like the hood modification and your decal placement. Horsepower has it right with the tire issue. I would also suggest some screen or a few bars where the windshild would go. :D

Let's Mudd it up !!

Scoop

Posted (edited) · Report post

No, I think it's great build, just what a dirt track car should look like! But I wouldn't cut up a '71 cuda in 2007, But you would have seen this at the local tracks back in the late 70's or early 80's !

actually i saw a 70 challanger in 2000 at a small (5/8 mile) circle track in my home town running in street stock (stripped down street car with a cage, some motor and chassis work). i cried for it. it was its first race and was in not bad shape at the time.

Edited by Robert81

Posted · Report post

yea i think i will try that! the window screen, but no mudd! lol!

Posted · Report post

actually i saw a 70 challanger in 2000 at a small (5/8 mile) circle track in my home town running in street stock (stripped down street car with a cage, some motor and chassis work). i cried for it. it was its first race and was in not bad shape at the time.

Yeah, I know that feeling ! Back about 10 years ago there were a couple of brothers at a local dirt track here running a '74 Charger and a '73 Roadrunner ! And they were winning alot with these heavy old Mopars, beating alot of guys running GM G-bodys !

Posted · Report post

Not a big subject with me but certainly a very nice build :):lol: