Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stephanie's Rose- Halibrand-equipped '41 Willys - Completed 5-4-2014!

Art Laski

What Brad said!!

Hey, Art, this is looking fantastic! Love it. What's your secret for the floor pans (underside)? They look fabricated from metal. Great finish!

Don't know about the NNL . . . but hope to see you next year at the least. B)

Edited by Danno

Thanks for the following along, guys! I wish I could have brought this to the DSC, but next year I will...

Danno, that finish was a fortunate accident. I had sprayed it with Testors Aluminum Plate Metalizer and buffed it a little, but then I got a spot on it that wouldn't rub off. So I very gently tried to use some Blue Magic metal polish and it just lit up the finish, and since it was so dramatically different than than rest of the the finish that I had to do the whole thing. I didn't mind, because it really does look like real metal in person.

Art... I gotta say "WOW" Brother... this is sure impressive. This is definitely gonna take some awards home for sure. We sure missed you at the DSC this year but I am sure I will see you before then. This is another Too Notch build from you. Every little detail is just perfect. I really admire your work and attention to detail. Looking forward to more.

Willys.....brain.....Willys.....brain.....it just keep repeating over and over.....Willys.....brain.....Willys.....brain.....Willys.....brain.....Willys.....brain.....

Brad…….that is amazing…….you can even down scale words :lol: ……..you are very talanted my Brother :)

Art, do the guys over at the Open Wheel forum know what you're up to? Every project I've watched you work on is amazing, in any scale. This one is no exception.

John

Hey John!

I think Paul Cadwell and Chris Hale are probably the only open wheel guys who have seen the Willys. I'll be wrapping this one up in time for Chris' show in a couple of weeks, and then I hope to get another open wheel build (or two!) on the bench. Thanks a ton for the compliment!

-Art

Just a small update here as I wrap this one up this week for the So Cal NNL this coming weekend. I added some fuel lines to the tank. What?? They don't run all the way back to the pump? Yeah, I figured it would be too difficult to make the fittings and feed them through when I put the body on, so I sectioned it. The gap is in between the abyss behind the tank and the interior, and with the trunk on, it can't be seen. So it's all good...
Pro Tech braided line and fittings were used.
DSCF3963-vi.jpg
DSCF3964-vi.jpg
DSCF39622-vi.jpg
DSCF3965-vi.jpg
DSCF3966-vi.jpg

a few more...
DSCF3967-vi.jpg
DSCF3968-vi.jpg
DSCF3969-vi.jpg
Edited by Art Laski