Model Cars Magazine Forum

1320 Dragsters at Target!

GMP440

I stopped by a Target here in Daytona Beach today after seeing this post. They had two front engine dragsters. One Garlits Wynnscharger, red and black car and the other was the Wheeler Dealer car. Very nice and as stated above they have some nice parts that could be used on other builds. A very nice price too.

I checked out three Targets, and all had the same two. I picked up the Garlits to check them out. After opening, I too think they will be great for parts if nothing else. Gonna build the Garlits and I think I will pick up the Wheeler Dealer for the future. Glad I saw this post, I would never have seen them.

Well, looks like we may have gotten more a "kit' than we all bargained for. Mine, and at least one other person's, came with an engine that has the idler pulley as the distributor, with the wires running from it, and the belt just pushed up against the side of it against the wires.

Not a big deal, I don't mind working on it, probably do a bit more detail painting and chenge the oil and fuel lines to a more convincing scale while I'm at it.

Love to hear if others were OK, or if they are all like this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I picked up a couple of the 1320 dragsters at a New Jersey Target store on Saturday.

I will most likely cannibalize them. They are not as nice as the built-ups from 1320.

The Garlits decals were horrible compared to the original, the magneto, wiring, and breathers are really goofy as well.

However..... they are definitely worth $19.99 just for the wheels, tires and other parts.

WF

Edited by 6bblbird

• 1 month later...
Well, looks like we may have gotten more a "kit' than we all bargained for. Mine, and at least one other person's, came with an engine that has the idler pulley as the distributor, with the wires running from it, and the belt just pushed up against the side of it against the wires.

Not a big deal, I don't mind working on it, probably do a bit more detail painting and chenge the oil and fuel lines to a more convincing scale while I'm at it.

Love to hear if others were OK, or if they are all like this.

does it look like this??

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum.

I tried the link for your web site and all it gives is a pic. of the dragster. Nice slot car but I would love information on how to get one.

Also, you might want to think about putting your full name in your profile to show up on the bottom of each post. It is a forum rule.

• 1 month later...