Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just some of my resin dabblings

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd share some of my resin work. I'm pretty new to this still, so critical comments are welcome :)

All from my own masters.

Whipple style supercharger-

DSCF5840.jpg

SBC cover

DSCF5843.jpg

Also some flathead headers. Can't seem to find a pic of one of the resin pops, but here are the masters-

Set1_2.jpg

I'd like to thank a (pretty quiet) member of this forum, Probee. He was kind enough to show me the ropes, it has helped incredibly, thanks mate.

Thanks for looking, this stuff is so much fun :D

Thanks fellas, I appreciate the kind comments :)

Here's a bit more of my work-

PDW wheel. I made it for a mate, it was my first crack at a wheel and casting,so it's pretty rough. 1:18 scale-

29112011444_R.jpg

Here's another PDW wheel, same scale. It's the race version of the one above, pretty similar though. The remade master and (first attempt) squash mould turned out ok, but my resin was starting to go no good :/ (I'd had it for more than a year, so no surprise).

mathsfunkyemay12.jpg

Here's another master I did the other day, Centreline Smoothie. 1:25 this time. Eager to get some more resin so I can cast this one-

0901tr_03_z1986_chevy_c30_crew_cabcenterline_wheels.jpg

10092012595.jpg

Again, if you have any criticism let me hear it. Ya can't get better if ya don't know what ya doing wrong, right? :D

Thanks for looking :)

Edited by mopar68

Thanks Corey and Andy :)

I'm wondering what to do about the Centrelines when I cast them. The tyres I'm using are from an old diecast. Should I cast the wheel with the tyre as one piece or try to get some sort of soft cast stuff to cast the tyre separate? What should I use to cast the tyre if I do cast it separate?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd share some of my resin work. I'm pretty new to this still, so critical comments are welcome :)

All from my own masters.

Whipple style supercharger-

DSCF5840.jpg

SBC cover

DSCF5843.jpg

Also some flathead headers. Can't seem to find a pic of one of the resin pops, but here are the masters-

Set1_2.jpg

I'd like to thank a (pretty quiet) member of this forum, Probee. He was kind enough to show me the ropes, it has helped incredibly, thanks mate.

Thanks for looking, this stuff is so much fun :D

Hey Mopar68 I like your resin stuff! I be thinking this morning in a Whipple style supercharger for a project I have in my mind (by now, I hope some day become reality).

Thank you for the comments guys :)

how do you retail?

Thanks Joe, so far I've only been doing parts for friends and for my own use. Would you be interested in any of these parts? If so, I may be able to help you out, after my exams next month and once I get some more resin ;)