Model Cars Magazine Forum

It's good to have you back on this. I missed it the first time around. Your progress is looking great. I understand about life getting in the way. Every Spring I tell myself that I'm going to bust out the air brush and get some painting done. Before I know it we are coming into winter and I still haven't gotten any.done.

I have this same kit that I picked up from someone and it has the rear cargo area MIA. I'll have to scratchbuild a new one.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

Looks great! I have two Pinecrest resins Broncos. One is a late 80's model to eventually replicate my 1:1 '88 two tone charcoal grey metallic with black belt line stripe. The other is an early '90's model which is being built as a replica of my last fire department's chief's vehicle.

3600-B.jpg
3600-02.jpg

David

Edited by hooknladderno1

Looks great! I have two Pinecrest resins Broncos. One is a late 80's model to eventually replicate my 1:1 '88 two tone charcoal grey metallic with black belt line stripe. The other is an early '90's model which is being built as a replica of my last fire department's chief's vehicle.

David

I'd love to have those two kits: the 88 to make Sheriff Harry S. Truman's Bronco from Twin Peaks and the 92 to make Sheriff Longmire's Bronco. :D

• 3 months later...

Ok, I have been lurking here on and off but have not had much time to build. I'm finally breaking this back out again, hopefully for the last time! Anyway, just an FYI to anyone who has not built this kit: If you're like me the back glass in the top is going to be a huge pain in the kidney to install! It's drying now, hopefully in what is the right position. We shall see!

Pretty good day so far! Got the Bronc back on all 4 wheels and the body mounted. It's a little warped so I had to make a bushing (the little red piece) on the front to get it to touch all four mounting points and that also explains the weight to hold it into place. Luckily the bumper will cover the bushing.

IMAG0888_zpsc3813dc7.jpg

IMAG0887_zpsacd89708.jpg