MPC '74 Plymouth Road Runner

21 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This one looks to be a re-boxed "Daisy's Plymouth", with a Road Runner cartoon figure included, all wrapped up in a nice looking retro tin:

I wonder if the Road Runner figure is the same one included in the Road Runner and his Rail Rider snap kit?

Posted · Report post

I wonder with real Road Runner on box and toy inside if they will do some decent decals for the car.

Posted · Report post

The last two re-issues of the same kit didn't have them, so I doubt this one would have them, even though they seem to be on the box art stripes. Hard to tell/see from the pic.

Posted · Report post

They must of cut a deal with Warner Bros. to do the figure. We can only hope for good decals.

I would like to see a view of whats in it.

Posted · Report post

got an e-mail from auto world offering a '74 road runner collectors edition kit for $47.99 and seems all you get that's special is a 4.5 in. road runner figure. & a collectors tin...WOW !! really ? for almost $ 50.00..seems a bit stiff..was looking forward to this kit but not for that price..

Posted · Report post

get the Daisy Duke kit, same car, just less money

Posted · Report post

If you want the special "collectors edition" stuff, get the kit at a contest or NNL-type event. The basic kit itself sux.

Posted · Report post

it not a great kit its builts good i did one as a protourer

Posted · Report post

The tin is pointless... too bad they didn't do it in a normal box w/ the original MPC '75 box art...that would be interesting.

Posted · Report post

I think this is a case of trying to increase the cash flow :lol:

Posted · Report post

The tin is pointless...

To builders, yes, but to collectors, it makes perfect sense. I would expect the cost of the "tin" version to drop $15 or so after a few weeks/months of release, much like the '57 Bel Air and '51 Chevy Fleetline kits did.

Posted · Report post

To builders, yes, but to collectors, it makes perfect sense. I would expect the cost of the "tin" version to drop $15 or so after a few weeks/months of release, much like the '57 Bel Air and '51 Chevy Fleetline kits did.

I think they are more collectors out there then builders , well it seems that way at times

Posted · Report post

Does anyone know if the recent previous releases have a clear windshield or the tinted one?

Posted · Report post

I saw this on the shelf at a local hobby shop for $55. The tin was dented too. I am really curious to see the decal sheet before I lay down the cash and I know I can find it cheaper than $55. Those Daisy Duke decals are nice, but I am waiting for the birds.

Posted · Report post

I am really curious to see the decal sheet before I lay down the cash and I know I can find it cheaper than $55. Those Daisy Duke decals are nice, but I am waiting for the birds.

Me, too, but I expect it's simply the same decal sheet found in the "Daisy's Plymouth", like so:

mpc708-daisy-road-runner-decals-ol-licrev9-29.jpg

Posted · Report post

Now, if they would include a Daisy Dukes figure or two...

Posted · Report post

Now, if they would include a Daisy Dukes figure or two...

Then or now? :blink:

Posted · Report post

I broke down and bought it. Got it for $40 which is a lot, but I am happy to report that the decal sheet finally has RoadRunners. And more than you will need. Thinking that there is enough for at least three cars. Other than the birds and some different plates, seems to be the same sheet that comes with Daisy Duke's car.

Posted · Report post

Did this work?

post-3327-0-94625500-1353033089_thumb.jp

Posted · Report post

Did this work?

Yes, it did, and good to see/hear the Roadrunners are now present on the decals, especially on the stripes. :)

Are the new Goodyear Polyglas GT tires included in this version of the kit, Michael?

Posted · Report post

No sir, they are the same old Goodyears.