Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is there a model available of a Whelen Modified?

Terry Sumner

Dang...too bad. I recently got back into circle track racing this summer and fell back in love with the modifieds. My son TJ and I are on the pit crew for a friend's Super X car he races on Wed nights and we've been having a blast! So much that we may be building a car for that class for next year!

This guy is pretty good with modified builds, but no kits that I know of for current modifieds.

http://z8.invisionfr...?showtopic=7733

That's the same guy I was talking about. His name is Tom, and he knows almost everything about those cars. He did a tutorial somewhere on building one, or maybe it was a W.I.P......using the Revell ASA chassis as a starting point.

If memory serves me correctly, I believe a kid that I used to race karts against is now racing these Whelen Modifieds. His name is Ronnie Silk and used to live in CT. Where I'm from most people consider modifieds Dox Boxes as I live in the Sprint car racing mecca of the world lol. Central Pennsylvania. I myself am personally a fan of the Modifieds as they are a very competitive series of auto racing and always have a ton of cars. I'm a big fan of Brett Hearn :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

That's the same guy I was talking about. His name is Tom, and he knows almost everything about those cars. He did a tutorial somewhere on building one, or maybe it was a W.I.P......using the Revell ASA chassis as a starting point.

Nice build!!!