Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shiny 1950 Chevy Pick Up Truck (Mild)

Looking very nice, doctor. The steering wheel is very cool - PE? I always thought you're supposed to paint the rear fenders separate from the box.

Jim, I've tried both ways, and I always ended liking this way with the fenders already in place.

I'm also using House of Kolor which allows me to get in there close to all the panel lines and crevices, and goes on thin. I would not recommend this way for enamel paint jobs, although I am sure someone like Donn Y. would be able to do it just fine.

Ohhhhhh. True flames. I like those puppies. Fatkidd does a fantastic job on them. He might even be doing a tutorial on them for Iwata.

actually jim, I do realistic "fire"...flames are stylized after fire (its what hot rodders have been doing for decades. real fire, true fire, realistic fire is exactly what it sounds like...a realistice interpretation of fire

Doc, that color is beautiful, I can't wait for the flames on it! Now since you've done a bunch of these kits, how do you deal with the windshield not quite fitting right? Mine has a gap around it, but not completely, so I'm racking my brain trying to figure out what the issue actually is, the glass or the cab...

Got that shiny jones going on , eh ? Looking good , no doubt about that ! The Anthracite Grey looks great on the frame . I like the detail thus far too !

Oh , by the way ? No way on the fenders , separately shot then assembled , much easier that way ! Lol !

Edited by LoneWolf15

Got that shiny jones going on , eh ? Looking good , no doubt about that ! The Anthracite Grey looks great on the frame . I like the detail thus far too !

Oh , by the way ? No way on the fenders , separately shot then assembled , much easier that way ! Lol !

Donn, you are right about that if I were using the enamel paints, but this one is shot in HOK which means I can get the airbrush close in a shoot the edges without any problems. Well, at least I've had no problems with it. And I am a big fanatic when it comes to making sure the bed is as strong as an ox and can hold up over time.

The next one I build I will paint the fenders separate and then glue on.

actually jim, I do realistic "fire"...flames are stylized after fire (its what hot rodders have been doing for decades. real fire, true fire, realistic fire is exactly what it sounds like...a realistice interpretation of fire

Paul, do you have any tutorials up we can look at? Thanks.

I wondered what you were workin on Doc, never thought about looking here, nice work on the lil truck! looking sweet Doc!

Thanks, Bill. Yes, I am working on this little truck for a change.

Just put a bolt head over that hole in the side of the carb, if anyone asks what it is tell them it's a fuel level access port.

Thanks, Mike, I like the idea.