Model Cars Magazine Forum

Phantom van custom

Someone stole the middle of my van !! I guess I will just have to run with it. I sectioned about a scale 6" out of the middle. The rear windows will be blanked out. I cut a slice in the body for the rear roof spoiler. I have a couple other ideas but till I decide I will keep them to myself. Thanks for looking.

van1001_zpsa8489b11.jpgvan1002_zpsda4d9bf6.jpgvan1003_zps5b4cebeb.jpg

Slung some putty on the van yesterday. I think I am going to need more putty.......and sandpaper !

Ray. Another method for filling the section gap is by using very thin styrene rod and Tenax liquid cement. It melts the plastic rod into the gap and effectively welds the parts together. Then you just sand down the rod and then check for bad spots. You'll use a tenth of the filler you are using now.

Got some time to work on the van. Couple putty and sanding sessions. Van is close to being painted. ( I hope ) From these photos you can get a good idea of how much was sliced from the middle of the van. The custom grill from the kit was cut just about in half and should work out pretty good. Thanks for looking.

van4001.jpgvan4002.jpg

Thanks, still lots to do and I am starting to get tired of this thing. Plans were to have full engine and interior but have changed my mind and will make it more of a slammer. You wouldn't be able to see the engine anyway so it will only have a partial engine that will show from the bottom. I am going to black out the windows and add some side trim to make a breaking point for a 2 tone paint job.