Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 904GTS WIP

jonno356SC

Thanks guys!

This is an old Monagram 1:24 kit I bought on Ebay. I dont think it's a particularly great kit. There was a ton of sink holes in the body that need repair. The chrome plating was terrible, necessitating stripping of everything, and some key detail parts were missing, like that topedo blower in the engine.

Having said that, I love the subject. AND because the kit is kinda crappy, it forces me to hone my skills. I am new to building and I love the challenge of making it look realistic. All the engine details are scratch, and the tire strap is something I have never done before. Making that roller tongue buckle too some practice as you can see from my failed attempts.

I'll keep you posted on the progress. I am in the home stretch!

Thanks again

Jon

You sure are turnin a sows ear into a purse with this one! i have this kit and it sure didn't come out as nice as yours! This shows your are a BRAVE man, Jon! Your doin GREAT! I noticed My engine looks nowhere as nice as yours! It IS a BEAUTIFUL looking car though, isn't it? My old high school auto shop teacher, Mr. Armstrong, had one. He LOVED Porsches.

Jon, the combination of your prior description of the Aux. Venturi material and the new Pics have answered my question. Thank You.

A side note for any interested in building one of these. There are 2 different Monogram 904 kit's out there. One has Skill 3 on it kit # 2954 which is the one Jon is building and the other is Curbside. So remember no Level 3, no Engine.

• 2 weeks later...