Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy Dually and Gooseneck car trailer

So I wanted to build a trailer for this Dually I bought awhile ago. So I started to build a 2 car gooseneck style trailer. It's probably far from correct but it is my first trailer build ever. My goal is to make it as realistic as possible, so any tips would be great.

The Dually, going to actually paint and detail it once the trailer is done:

092_zps927bb9f2.jpg

the hitch, still needs more details:

094_zps6e9b3564.jpg

105_zpsee8b9220.jpg

and the trailer so far, I still have alot to go and nothing is 100% yet, just trying to get an idea as I add stuff to it.

114_zps7dec7754.jpg

107_zps0c01365e.jpg

so thats what I have so far. I want to start on the hitch part of the trailer next but it might be a bit till I have a chance to work on something again.

Thanks for looking and let me know what you guys think.

Edited by Jared Roach

Good start Jared, but for the length you have, you might consider three axles. Overall weight might need it, just distribution. Everybody and their dog owns some type of gooseneck here in TX, (including me :D ) and most of the ones I have seen hauling cars with that much length, tend to be running on three.

Jared, just so you are not confused on seeing Eric's wedge trailer with two axles and my advising to go with three, the wedge share the load distribution with the truck axle due to the way one of the cars is halfway over the truck bed. They also make that wedge in a three car which will normally have three axles also.

• 5 months later...