Model Cars Magazine Forum

New resin tire coming soon; BF Goodrich Radial T/A | Released on Oct 18

Begging your pardin, but I bought L 60 15 Good Year tires in 1971. i believe the 70 1/2 Camaro Z/28 was available from the factory with F 60 15 Good Years

Let us agree to disagree . The BFG 60 series were the first street tires from the Trans AM Racers in the day . Polyglass Belted and Sticky Tread for longer Tire Life and High Performance I just could not drive (actually my wife) on U.S. Baldies , Blowout Series any longer . Thanx ..

• 5 months later...

Are these the same tires on Mad Max's Interceptor?

Pretty close. The sidewall lettering on the original movie car had a different spacing and read "B.F.GOODRICH RADIAL T/A" instead of "BFGoodrich Radial T/A." Most of the replica cars have the modern versions of the tires, and that's the style that is on my tires.

Edited by Chief Joseph

How close would they be for the Ghostbuster's 2 Ecto-1A??

The Updated Cruiser in the second movie had BFG's.

I know MPC's version is smaller than the hollow Goodyear L60's in the original issue.

I am planning on getting a few re-issues soon.

How close would they be for the Ghostbuster's 2 Ecto-1A??

The Updated Cruiser in the second movie had BFG's.

I know MPC's version is smaller than the hollow Goodyear L60's in the original issue.

I am planning on getting a few re-issues soon.

I have the old, original issue of the AMT kit and those wheels fit perfectly in my BFG tires. I can even show you a picture if you like :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna have to get some of these but I sure wish you could make 'em in 1/16th :)

I have a digital model that I can scale to 1/16 and have printed. Quality would be great at that size. In fact, I would probably need to go into the model and add some additional detail because I made it with 1/24 scale in mind. It's a 235/60-R15 size tire in 1/24 scale, but can be manipulated to give different scale sizes around that basic proportion.

• 2 weeks later...

I just recieved my tires...(the resin set).. big n' little...They are really nice!...Its gonna look sic on my Aoshima Interceptor... I'm getting the tires machined a little bigger to accept the Aoshima rims but should look sinister once on! THANK YOU so much for your excellent product and excellent service.

Man If you can scale up to 1/12 big n littles....and throw in some centreline rims....for my Doyusha Firebird....you can gladly take my money!

I would be interested in these in 1/12 scale as well, but for the `67 Corvette, `69 Camaro, and the `57 Chevy kits. I think they would look great on all of them. And I am sure others would be interested, given the 1/12 Camaro is being re-released this November!

I would be interested in these in 1/12 scale as well, but for the `67 Corvette, `69 Camaro, and the `57 Chevy kits. I think they would look great on all of them. And I am sure others would be interested, given the 1/12 Camaro is being re-released this November!

Again, the problem is that I don't have any 1/12 wheels from these kits to measure. Without accurate measurements of the wheels, making tires to fit them is somewhat troublesome. :blink: