Model Cars Magazine Forum

Realistic Resin figures for 1/24 1/25 cars

Hello Everyone,

I am really surprised that we do not have realistic figures to compliment our 1/24 1/25 scale cars/trucks.

There are a wealth of amazing figure sculptors out there...but there usually for military of fantasy figures in different scales. Sculptors like Mike Good or Alfonso Gozalo

Lets comission these professionals to produce some nice resin figures.

Imagine a hot sexy woman beside your hot rod or exotic vehicle..or a famous personality for your tv/movie vehicle. Famous or not....just as long as its realistic and correct scale.

It would take our hobby to the next level..

Come on scupltors lets get some amazing figures to go with our vehicles...The possiblities are endless!

Edited by samurai7

NO guys not those...Im talking about someone sculpting a realistic figure like on PlanetFigure....these are high quality realistic figures in cast resin or white metal...you put together and paint....the sculpts are real in appearance, I build 1/32 WW2 planes and they sell resin pilots in 1/32 to compliment them. Some of these figures are a hobby in itself. I dont want cartoonish ready made ones..

Please check out Model Cellar, Ultracast, Alpine Studios PlanetFigure...These are mostly military but youll get an understanding of the level of detail and realisim..1/32 is quite small but the details are amazing! So 1/24 shouldnt be difficult...

I agree we need more realistic 1/24 or 1/25 scale figures but, why are the female figures always in bikinis or other sexy apparel? Is this really realistic? How many times do you walk in a repair shop and find women in bikinis? I would like to see some in clothes more realistic.

Darren B...this was done by scluptor whos work has been produced.

This is now being sold by Nocturna.

Its sexy...but its fantasy and is in a specific niche...but people are buying it...its sold out at the moment...

and i bought one myself...its not my genre...i like cars and planes...but i still bought because its hot!

If someone made a generic sexy female for example .... in 1/24 with clothes (haha)..it would go with any car!.....millions of people would buy it

post-4401-0-70094500-1348708287_thumb.jp

I agree we need more realistic 1/24 or 1/25 scale figures but, why are the female figures always in bikinis or other sexy apparel? Is this really realistic? How many times do you walk in a repair shop and find women in bikinis? I would like to see some in clothes more realistic.

Not in repair shops, but you do find them in bikini's at car shows, duh! :P Edited by MAGNUM4342

I can spend $50 on photo-etch junk that no notices inside the engine compartment...I'd rather spend money on a life-like figure to put beside my vehicle and have a greater impact in a diorama...and have everyone appreciate it. We need to step it up and bring car modeling to a higher level.

I ordered these through my LHS. They have no clothes, but are very nicely detailed. and as you can see, you can make the clothes..

011-vi.jpg

http://images51.fotk...1055/009-vi.jpg

They also make the male counter part...

wow those will work, but isnt pieser like $50.00 a set? for my strippers delight would not need much clothes.

Edited by Darren B

I can spend $50 on photo-etch junk that no notices inside the engine compartment...I'd rather spend money on a life-like figure to put beside my vehicle and have a greater impact in a diorama...

There's the catch- for the most part, when we build a car or truck, it's just that, a car or truck, not a diorama. 99.99% of us don't even put figures in the driver's seat, much less a car full of passengers.

I don't think there is one good answer as to why figures and automotive models aren't combined more often. I asked about the lack of figures in kits a while ago here, and got some interesting responses: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54030&hl=figures

You also have to consider that fantasy and sci-fi figures can get away with being not 100% accurate or true to life, whereas a figure of a person better look 100% correct or it will be dismissed as cartoonish. Also consider the finishing aspect, which counts just as much toward realism as the person who sculpts the figure. Most auto modelers have likely never painted a figure, so there's a pretty steep learning curve. If you come from the sci-fi or fantasy model building arm of the hobby, odds are good you have more figure experience.

I'm sorry I'm never cared for Preiser... Part of a realistic figure is the posture and expression... Preiser gives that "Department Store" mannequin feel to them... A bit life-less. It's been around for decades. This goes to show that the market is wide open.

I've often also wondered why the figure selection is poor in this scale. I would think even a handful of common men and women in common positions would sell, maybe not millions, but at least steadily. Limbs that can be sectioned and positioned would be nice (as opposed to being one piece of body chunk).

Finishing is just something that can be learned. If you can rust and weather, you can highlight and blend on figures.

Plane and ship builders all have realistic figures to compliment their models... Even WW1 planes have figures... And they sell quite well. Some of these figures look amazing in primer... so you can't totally screw it up. Our hobby is moving to mixed media.... so learning new things is always there... If we didn't... We' d be bored building the same things over and over.

Edited by samurai7