Model Cars Magazine Forum

Realistic Resin figures for 1/24 1/25 cars

I was just talking to a friend of mine who is an professional figure painter about the need for some good painting tips for car modelers. One of his comments was that you have to start with a good figure first.

I am hoping to get him to do some How Tos on figure painting. He said maybe in December.

In the mean time here is a best of show from a figure contest we both went to. It was done by a gentleman named Rosenburg (cx Rosengrant - Thanks Matt). This this quality of figure would add interest to a model?

SS1-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by Scott Colmer

I've just been on Statute Forum website and in "Sculptors Corner" (forum section)

Started a topic about the need for figures in 1/24, 1/16,1/18,1/12,...and even 1/8.... Theses are scales I would like to see figures of Males, Females and even Zombies!....made

You want 1/24 zombies (what's with zombies, anyway)? Try here: http://www.darkworldcreations.com/

Now, back to the "real world". As for drivers, I kinow the 3 Inches Under does a couple of drivers: http://stores.ebay.com/3-inches-under/1-25-scale-figures-/_i.html?_fsub=2694627013&_sid=1392843&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322 One is a firefighter in full turn-out gear, and the other is modeled after Roy DeSoto from "Emergency!"

I'd love some decent figures to go with my builds (but then I _like_ figure painting...). I don't necessarily want a full-blown diorama, but I find that with aircraft, a complementary figure or two really adds interest, and, especially, an instant sense of scale. I'd like drivers, too, but I know that's harder, since they have to fit inside specific car set-ups. I didn't have any issues getting the Fujimi modern driver figure into their own Aventador, as The Stig, but the 60s guy wasn't going to sit in the DB4GT from Doyusha. I've tried the Fujimi figures in a few of their cars, though, and they seem to be OK pretty much in any one.

It's just a shame that they are really the only game in town...

bestest,

M.

I wouldn't go as far as fitting them in the drivers seat... A stand alone figure would be great visual impact... A generic stand alone would be more versatile for anycar as oppose to a race specific driver... If the market was flooded with generic figures then more specialized figures can come to play... I'd be happy with a sexy female standing by Aoshima Aventador

You want 1/24 zombies (what's with zombies, anyway)? Try here: http://www.darkworldcreations.com/

You beat me to that link, Jim. These 1/24 Zombie Apocalypse figures are produced for Dark World by my friend Michael at www.industriamechanika.com. If you look at the price of those figures, you might get sticker shock-- in US dollars they are about $52 EACH! Michael also sells some 1/24 figures right now that very detailed but seem a little cartoonish to me. If I knew how to use Zbrush at the same level as the artists who design these figures, I'd be doing "normal" people for car models!

You beat me to that link, Jim. These 1/24 Zombie Apocalypse figures are produced for Dark World by my friend Michael at www.industriamechanika.com. If you look at the price of those figures, you might get sticker shock-- in US dollars they are about $52 EACH! Michael also sells some 1/24 figures right now that very detailed but seem a little cartoonish to me. If I knew how to use Zbrush at the same level as the artists who design these figures, I'd be doing "normal" people for car models!

Even if it was $32 instead of 32 pounds, it's a huge chunk to pay for an unpainted, unassembled 1/24 figure. Not to say I wouldn't get this if I could afford it.

Edited by rhs856

I was just talking to a friend of mine who is an professional figure painter about the need for some good painting tips for car modelers. One of his comments was that you have to start with a good figure first.

I am hoping to get him to do some How Tos on figure painting. He said maybe in December.

In the mean time here is a best of show from a figure contest we both went to. It was done by a gentleman named Rosenburg. This this quality of figure would add interest to a model?

SS1-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

That has to be much bigger than 1/24 scale. No way anyone can get that kind of realistic facial detail in 1/24 scale.

True, Harry. It stood about 8" high. However at the same show there were some figures smaller than 1/25 scale that had amazing detail as well. It is a combination of what you start with and how you paint them. My friend - his name is Scott Carter - said that the good ones do cost more.

I showed him a Flintstone figure of a girl in a tight dress. I thought it was pretty good. He said it would take some clean up. He also pointed out that the indentations made for pupils would make it hard to paint good eyes on it.

PS - I know Mike Good, although I rarely run into him these days.. He is a figure modeler to be recognized. If anyone can produce some really good 1/25th scale figures, he can.

Scott

Edited by Scott Colmer

I ordered these through my LHS. They have no clothes, but are very nicely detailed. and as you can see, you can make the clothes..

011-vi.jpg

http://images51.fotk...1055/009-vi.jpg

They also make the male counter part...

This is what I'm talking about! Now you can put appropriate cloths on them, wait a minute....are we playing with dolls now? You know if they put Barbie dolls in 1/24 or 1/25 scale that might work! If we could position arms and legs would also be nice. Like this.DSC03994.jpgDSC03995.jpg Edited by rmvw guy

You see.... What ever is out there is hard to come by or you practically have to make yourself..We are in dire need..

CJ...I've seen your Wip during my search..Excellent composition!.Can you put high heels and..can you cast copies when your done? lol Her pose looks natural and can be used on any car.

Now, back to the "real world". As for drivers, I kinow the 3 Inches Under does a couple of drivers: http://stores.ebay.c...d=p4634.c0.m322 One is a firefighter in full turn-out gear, and the other is modeled after Roy DeSoto from "Emergency!"

Those Zombie Figures are Awesome!!! Im getting some of those for my Zombie Hunter Build! Thanks for the Link

This is what I'm talking about! Now you can put appropriate cloths on them, wait a minute....are we playing with dolls now? You know if they put Barbie dolls in 1/24 or 1/25 scale that might work! If we could position arms and legs would also be nice. Like this.DSC03994.jpgDSC03995.jpg

My sister is Vice President at Mattel in charge of Barbie. I'll see what she cane come up with. :)

My sister is Vice President at Mattel in charge of Barbie. I'll see what she cane come up with. :)

That would be awesome! I know they did a deal with McDonalds once and had some smaller Barbies in Happy Meals but, I don't know what scale. Of course we would need Ken the mechanic also. :lol: Edited by rmvw guy