Model Cars Magazine Forum

Richard Lloyd Racing Canon Porsche 956

This is a model of the Canon sponsored Porsche 956 Richard Lloyd Racing raced to a 2nd place finish in the 1985 24 Hours of Le Mans.

It is the re-issued 1/24th Tamiya plastic model kit #24309, also used the Tamiya Porsche 956 photo-etch pack to finish.

It had been a long time since I had built one of these 956's...

you pretty much throw the paint, glue and decals in the box and shake - out comes a nice looking model...

CanonPorsche956_a-vi.jpg

CanonPorsche956_c-vi.jpg

CanonPorsche956_f-vi.jpg

CanonPorsche956_g-vi.jpg

CanonPorsche956_h-vi.jpg

CanonPorsche956_j-vi.jpg

CanonPorsche956_k-vi.jpg

CanonPorsche956_m-vi.jpg

thanx for lookin...

• 8 years later...

A message to the builder 

A question about the engine parts

Above the oil cylinder there is another cylinder bent at 45 dgrs pointing out . This part i do not have in my kit yet in the instruction manual page 9 step 17 it shows a vague design of it with a hose attached leading to the end of the rear cowling . Where did you find that part ?  

On 5/30/2021 at 10:25 AM, dog1 said:

A message to the builder 

A question about the engine parts

Above the oil cylinder there is another cylinder bent at 45 dgrs pointing out . This part i do not have in my kit yet in the instruction manual page 9 step 17 it shows a vague design of it with a hose attached leading to the end of the rear cowling . Where did you find that part ?  

If memory serves me well, I scratch built that part with styrene rod and or tubing. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2021 at 9:14 PM, PatW said:

Well done, very nice indeed. I was marshaling at Silverstone Circuit just 5 miles from here, when Richard was testing this car prior to the Le Mans race that year!

PS It was Richard Lloyd that produced the first carbon composite chassis/tub for this car, which made this car faster than the Porsche factory cars.

• 1 month later...