Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trumpeter fire truck

Shoelaces would be incorrect as they are generally too thick, and make you truck look like it's haulung, well, shoelaces. To replocate cotton jacketed hose, I've had good luck using braided elastic (used to make waitbands & cuffs tight. Check Jo-Anns or Michael's). For the newer synthetic hoses, I've seen yellow tape used quite effictively.

Shoelaces would be incorrect as they are generally too thick, and make you truck look like it's haulung, well, shoelaces. To replocate cotton jacketed hose, I've had good luck using braided elastic (used to make waitbands & cuffs tight. Check Jo-Anns or Michael's). For the newer synthetic hoses, I've seen yellow tape used quite effictively.

Hi jim sorry but i dont know what those are as im in the UK . Im still looking for the right stuff to use that unless I sell it first!!

Doobie

Michael's & JoAnn Fabrics are large, chain craft stores here in the US (and Canada, too, I think). I'm sure you have something similar in the UK. The braided elastic is in the sewing section, but like I said, it's too "old" for this truck. I found a tutorial on making newer style hoses. I'll see if I can find it again.

Michael's & JoAnn Fabrics are large, chain craft stores here in the US (and Canada, too, I think). I'm sure you have something similar in the UK. The braided elastic is in the sewing section, but like I said, it's too "old" for this truck. I found a tutorial on making newer style hoses. I'll see if I can find it again.

Thanks jim any luck finding that tutorial

Doobie

Thanks jim any luck finding that tutorial

Doobie

Unfortunately, no. But I did find some references to making newer style hoses. He used yellow 3M tape. The person tri-folded it so the seam was in the middle, then he layed it in the hose bed.

• 4 weeks later...