Model Cars Magazine Forum

The right place at the right time.

I was just wandering around ebay when I saw this buy it now...which i instantly purchased.

Transtar.jpg

Believe it or not, I got another Transtar years ago with a buy it now for $25.00. I was just in the right place at the right time...I hid the seller's name, seemed the right thing to do...

Do you know how long they will put you in prison for a steal like that!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

What catagory was it in? I remember back several years ago at about 1:30am, someone listed a Bill Signs Peterbilt for 50.00 Buy it Now! At the time, they were selling for about 300.00 easily. I had a couple already so I went to a couple groups I was on and made a post telling everyone to hurry and get it before it was too late. A few minutes went by and it just sat there. I couldn't help myself, I had to snatch it up!!!LOL

I love deals like this! I've gotten a few and, personally, it just make the hobby more fun than usual! Great steal!!!

I've done that with a new Monogram 1926 AC Mack for $.99 and a Minicraft 1/350 Titanic, factory sealed for $9.99....

Edited by Wagoneer81

Do you know how long they will put you in prison for a steal like that!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

What catagory was it in? I remember back several years ago at about 1:30am, someone listed a Bill Signs Peterbilt for 50.00 Buy it Now! At the time, they were selling for about 300.00 easily. I had a couple already so I went to a couple groups I was on and made a post telling everyone to hurry and get it before it was too late. A few minutes went by and it just sat there. I couldn't help myself, I had to snatch it up!!!LOL

It was posted correctly under trucks, but I just happened to be looking at newly listed kits, and it had just been posted. Probably wasn't on eBay for 5 minutes total.