Model Cars Magazine Forum

posting photos

This site allows only a limited amount of total file size for attachments. Once you use it up, you have to go to an image hosting site like Photobucket. This is now the subject of at least two other current threads.

As I mentioned on both of those threads, this site needs a very short and sweet tutorial on using Phoitobucket, unlike the current complicated one that's pinned in Tips, Tricks and Tutorials.

Edited by sjordan2

1. Open a FREE Photobucket account.

2. Follow the directions on the Photobucket site to create an album and load your pictures into it.

3. Once your photos are "parked" on the Photobucket site in your Photobucket photo album(s), you'll see that every photo has several lines of info below it. To post a photo here, copy the line of info beneath the photo in your Photobucket album that's called "IMG Code"--it begins with [ img] and ends with [ /img]--and then paste that info into your post here. When you submit your post, the photo in your Photobucket album will appear here in your post, because you have placed a direct link (the "IMG code") here in your Model Cars Forum post that literally tells this site where to go and find the photo you want us to see.

It's all very simple. Again: Create a Photobucket account. Put your photos in your Photobucket album. To post a photo here, copy (Command-C) the "IMG Code" from the Photobucket picture and paste (Command-V) that code here in your post. Actually all you have to do in Photobucket is just "hover" your cursor over the IMG code and it will copy automatically. Photobucket makes it very easy to post photos.

Ok. I've viewed the primer on how to post photo's, and I've tried several times following the instructions, and the little spinning icon telling me it is working never stops spinning..... I've tried both upload options to no avail. I'm bummed......

What size are the images you're trying to upload, Jim?