Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is one of my favorite builds. It is clean and simple. The body is painted Duplicolor Metal Specks blue with Testor's clear. The wheels and tires are from the parts box; Cragars with slicks on the rear and skinnys on the front.

IMG_5980-vi.jpg

It took a little work to get the tailgate to line up, but the end results were worth it.

IMG_5990-vi.jpg

Originally I had planned on a big-block swap, but after I realized the exhaust was molded to the chassis, I decided to keep the v6. I did of course add a little more horsepower so it could spin those slicks! The motor recieved a scratch built single turbo setup. The air cleaner and turbo were also parts box finds. All the piping is evergreen rod with painted tape bands/clamps.

IMG_5985-vi.jpg

Interior was paint detailed, with the addition of a custom line-loc equipped shifter made from a pin.

IMG_5983-vi.jpg

The underside is pretty much box stock. I trimmed the rear springs/shocks for the proper stance, and I painted the rear diff. cover like a checkered flag. You can see the bottom of the intercooler I made out of scrap plastic, in front of the front sway bar.

IMG_5991-vi.jpg

I used the kit's "custom" grill, and gave it a blackwash. The underhood bowtie was hand-painted.

IMG_5984-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking, Comments and criticism welcome!